Lt. Commander
# 31
02-01-2010, 01:57 PM
I had 1 ship let to get my new ship UUUGGGGG!!!!!!
So close!!!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekimm
I would think that most that will play this game already pre-ordered and have been playing since open-beta. I doubt there will be a big rush.
I don't know, but as in any job, you should always prepare for the worst

In this case, server stress
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekimm
I would think that most that will play this game already pre-ordered and have been playing since open-beta. I doubt there will be a big rush.

I personally know six (6) people who are buying on release day. Not everyone likes to preorder, there are plenty who will buy it on retail release day & I would bet the numbers would easily equal those already online. Therefore double the current number of players trying to log in.

I've not really been worried til now. STO is a fantastic game, hats off to the Dev's... but they have so seriously underestimated the sheer number of players & thus will, most likely, kill their own game.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB24 View Post
Well it seems the same every day. The USA wakes up and STO crashes.
Just got home from work, logged on teamed up, entered first misssion, booted, now server down for 2 hours, looks like no game play for me tonight.

But on the bright side Alexander the aristocratic Russian meerkat has been trying to play tonight as well, he told me,

"My friend, many years ago my ancestors tried to run MMO in Russia, Meerkat Online.

Unfortunately, many Americans wanna play game. They thought it was Star Trekie Online.

But Sergi who worked in poor Russian IT department, got all flustered and values blew, he already had worms.

I came up with solution to problem get another computamebob.

Simples!!!"
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattle2k View Post
I don't know, but as in any job, you should always prepare for the worst

In this case, server stress
Agreed. I'm just thinking they might not have the budget to plan for the worst. I read in yesterdays rage post that the developers said it was a software issue that only creeps up under high load. I would have thought they had software that could simulate load, but that again costs money. I'm only speculating, but I have a feeling they're operating on a shoe-string budget.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-01-2010, 02:21 PM
I was thinking about the lifetime subscription, but to b honest if the system carries on being this flakey, then I'll write off the 44.99 deluxe pre-order and go back to playing EVE-online. CCP handle 45,000 simultaneous players with a lot less issues.

I ealise the user interface is radically different, but I do think someone has grossly underestimated the power needd to run a game like this, and probably also the number of sign-ups coming tomorrow. I was hping to get a bit of play in tomorow after work (I'm in the UK), but based on the last few days, I think I can probably forget that completely.

Shame really, as it's a truly excellent game, when it's working.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm expecting STO to be rocky for a little while even after release day, I can't speak for everyone but some MMo's I have played have been rocky with server issues for a while after launch but they did get better over time.

At the moment I can tolerate this as have tons of other games to play, thanks to metaboli and 13 a month I have access to 500+ games.

Maybe they need to get some more hamsters to power the sever again keep the wheel turning