Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
If you come across someone offering to sell you in-game currency for real life money, please report them in-game. You can do this by right clicking on their name in game and select the option to report them.
Is there a way to report them on the forums as well? I didn't notice that I had received two mails advertising Energy Credit sales until the server went down and I checked my PMs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Please check the people at http://www.sellsto.com

set phasers on ' litigation'

Sic 'em Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I received 6 this morning in my inbox. The dodgy ferengi smugglers are as follows:
Cheap_STO_Energy = tger & carrillo & leegdf & fdgdvsdgt.
Stogold = dsfsa & Margar.

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 02:03 PM
as much as I hate goldfarmers/sellers, I have to say I absolutly aprove of calling them Ferengi Smugglers! Thats the perfect name for them!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't believe it.

Ferengi aren't available as a playable race, as was previously stated.

Therefore there cannot be any PC ferengi smugglers.

Oh, and

rule #8. Only a fool passes up a business opportunity.
Lt. Commander
I think it's a funny reference too, but the topic of the forum post should be more clear for something this important. Like "Real Money Trading for Game Currency can Get You Banned." Leave the clever Ferengi Smuggler references for the message text.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 02:10 PM
I got 7 or 8 msgs offering STO "gold" for money... it's annoying... but it also proves how much anticipated this game is... and that part makes me happy ).

Hope You guys can get rid of those spammers, who destroy the games, quick. And agree that we should have possibility to report spam in mail box.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfun View Post
Well I totally agree with the punish the seller approach.

As for the punish the buyer one, be VERY careful. It is too easy to exploit it to harm someone you don't like and frame them.

That is why other MMO companies, although they threaten to, never really took action against the buyers.
Actually Eve Online will punish both. Sellers are ban and Buyers on the other find the characters in debt for the amount purchased.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfun View Post
Well I totally agree with the punish the seller approach.

As for the punish the buyer one, be VERY careful. It is too easy to exploit it to harm someone you don't like and frame them.

That is why other MMO companies, although they threaten to, never really took action against the buyers.
tell that to eve online. their forums full of those that complain about their in game money accounts going well into the negative amounts when they remove that in game currency that you bought .and if the player buys again they perma ban them all the time and it has worked.
and it not as easy to exploit it as you think as the devs there as well as here probably can track the in game currency and can tell whether it just one player trying to get another into trouble over a in game dispute gone bad or if a player has indeed purchase in game funds from a known gold farmer ect.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica-
Please give us an option to report spam in the mail box in the Forums too...

Seriously, but I'm not sure how it could be done. I've received 5 PMs today from one site, all from different "users".