Lt. Commander
# 71
02-01-2010, 03:04 PM
The borg implant options are realy limited and ugly, the borg officer look so much better in the head part.

1) More minor implants please
2) Implants for all body segments and/or costume peaces
3) More race options

All in all, are all the "attachments" (horns, gills etc.) options for all races rather limited as well as the hair options. I mean the only realy customistable part is the head as the body is hidden by armor or suite anyways. Not that it's unuasual even if i don't mind playing a naked captain i guess it didn't fit int star trek
Lt. Commander
# 72 Borg Outfits ...
02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
For everyone here saying that they want a Borg uniform /outfit for their Liberated Borg character, I have just one question. Have none of you seen what the Ground Armor looks like on your Borg? While it might not be an official Bridge Officer/Captain Uniform, but it certainly is a uniform that your Liberated Borg can wear to look more 'Borg-ish'. There are some (combat armors) that even have that metallic sheen on them too and could be used to make your character look more 'future-ish' too (ala the queen Borg from First Contact).

Are these -alternative- uniforms "Bridge Officer" authorized? Not sure.

What I find odd though, is while everyone here seems to think it's cool to have been Liberated from the Collective (which it is); is that you think the Federation would allow or want you to keep looking like a Borg when you command a Star ship. I agree with other posters that say the whole point of being Liberated from the Collective is to regain your humanity. How can you do that when you look more Borg, than human (Jean-Luc Picard had much of the armor removed save for the stuff that couldn't be taken out without killing him. 7of9 still had a -lot- of Borg hardware -in- her, just not a lot of visible stuff save for the eye-plate and hand armor. Remember when her Cortical Node started to go?). The whole point of being "Liberated" is so that you can go back to your life before you became a mindless drone.

Now, this isn't to say that when I made my Liberated Borg character; I went all Human and removed his implants. Mine has a massive faceplate (which yes, I think would have been cooler if it looked like 7of9's or the Borg children from Voyager), that I thought would make my character easily recognizable as Borg while still wearing the Star Fleet uniform (Which I think looks pretty awesome!). However, I'm always reminded that my character is 'Borg' when I'm on the ground wearing my combat armor. So much so that I've considered not wearing the ground armor because I just don't like that look.

Just food for thought.
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
The borg lifetime thing is over, they got your money, and there is no reason to further cater to you. Way they see it I'm sure.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNDInc View Post
What I find odd though, is while everyone here seems to think it's cool to have been Liberated from the Collective (which it is); is that you think the Federation would allow or want you to keep looking like a Borg when you command a Star ship.
I've said this the last time someone tried that argument, and will probably say it again: regardless of whether or not YOU think Starfleet would allow it, its pretty obvious that CRYPTIC disagrees with you, hence the outfit on the Borg BO. As long as the Borg BO has the full Borg outfit, its impossible to make an argument that Starfleet wouldnt allow it.
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNDInc View Post
What I find odd though, is while everyone here seems to think it's cool to have been Liberated from the Collective (which it is); is that you think the Federation would allow or want you to keep looking like a Borg when you command a Star ship. I agree with other posters that say the whole point of being Liberated from the Collective is to regain your humanity. How can you do that when you look more Borg, than human (Jean-Luc Picard had much of the armor removed save for the stuff that couldn't be taken out without killing him. 7of9 still had a -lot- of Borg hardware -in- her, just not a lot of visible stuff save for the eye-plate and hand armor. Remember when her Cortical Node started to go?). The whole point of being "Liberated" is so that you can go back to your life before you became a mindless drone.
What if the extent of mechanization under your torso armor is so massive that Starfleet Medical would have to clone you a whole new body just to have enough bits to graft back in? I'm pretty sure that The Doctor didn't leave the exoskeleton on Seven's arm for aesthetic reasons.