Lt. Commander
It's a day from Live if headstart people can cause this much carnage I really ought to stay away from the game come Tuesday then.... what with new client patches, entering retail codes, and another inl*** of players.... if Cryptic can't handle the headstart people now.... what more Live?

A little communication goes a long way, guys. Even though the hardcore folks would probably still voice their (dis)pleasure with whatever info you dole out, most of us who are a little more even keeled would appreciate something more than the eta of the servers going down.

I really hope these are for additional capacity in the form of servers or tweaks or hopefully both because frankly even to me this is getting frustrating. Tuesday is going to be another challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphoner
It's a day from Live if headstart people can cause this much carnage I really ought to stay away from the game come Tuesday then.... what with new client patches, entering retail codes, and another inl*** of players.... if Cryptic can't handle the headstart people now.... what more Live?

A little communication goes a long way, guys. Even though the hardcore folks would probably still voice their (dis)pleasure with whatever info you dole out, most of us who are a little more even keeled would appreciate something more than the eta of the servers going down.

I really hope these are for additional capacity in the form of servers or tweaks or hopefully both because frankly even to me this is getting frustrating. Tuesday is going to be another challenge.
If this was for the infamous rush ordered new servers from over two weeks ago, I believe it would of been an announced and scheduled. In this case the server simply crashed again as it has been doing periodically since open beta.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
If this was for the infamous rush ordered new servers from over two weeks ago, I believe it would of been an announced and scheduled. In this case the server simply crashed again as it has been doing periodically since open beta.
This would be unfortunate if true. It's a solid game it just might not survive this bad PR of crashes and capacity issues. At the very least the community head coordinator (do they have one?) should be going up and down these forums stating something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphoner
Sure hope this is for new servers
In your dreams...