Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I..am ...Hugh!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I've probably been a Trekkie longer then most Trekkers have been alive.

There were only Trekkies at one time. Interesting how the definitions changed.

I went to conventions in the 70's. Built all of the models had a lot of the gear. Including a uniform shirt.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
..Trekkie..
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Same here again. I'm a massive fan of the shows but have never dressed up or gone to a convention. That said I have a virtual encyclopedia of knowledge with regard to episode plots, characters and so forth. So I don't think either name is appropriate. I would say "Avid Trek Watcher". I also played BOTF a massive amount with a couple of friends over LAN.

I tend to be pretty good at Trek trivia quizzes but i'm not that hot on the more technical details. I do think that coffee tastes better out of my Captain's Mug however.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_Malterra View Post
I've never worn a Trek uniform or written fan fiction, but I'm pretty farkin' into Star Trek - closer to 2 than 1 but I've always considered myself to be a Trekkie. Often when I hear Trekkers explain why they are Trekkers and not Trekkies the reasons sound a little self important to me.
I agree. I dabble in some Star Trek fanfiction, I was even a member of a play-by-email story where I
role played a permanently exiled ex-Que turned human with nearly complete post-mortal amnesia. College ended up forcing my hand to end that one.

I sure do miss those guys on the R.S.S. Cromwell.

Still, I say I'm a Trekkie. Trekker sounds dorky to me.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure how I'd find into these either. I've worn a Starfleet Uniform, been dressed as a Klingon and a Bajoran. I know a number of Klingon terms, I've seen nearly every Star Trek episode officially released with the exception of the Animated Series, and I've even seen a few fan films. I own various 'Art of Star Trek' books, and owned the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition and the first edition of the Enclyclopedia. Used to collect the Fact Files until they seemed to be neverending, and went to countless conventions in the mid to late 90s, I was a 'Midshipman' in a club, collected Star Trek game cards. figures and ships, got a picture of myself as a kid with Q! I admit to being a Star Trek Fan, and I've no problem with that at all. Whether I'd call myself a Trekkie or Trekker I've no idea. I do know that I'm a geek.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
coffee tastes better out of my Captain's Mug however.

Pffft yah...if your trying to emulate Janeway * snicker
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I believe Gene Roddenberry once said: "It's Trekkie....I should know, I created it." And thus I am a Trekkie. As someone in here said, "Trekker" sounds like someone who doesn't want to "lower themselves" by being called a Trekkie.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
I believe Gene Roddenberry once said: "It's Trekkie....I should know, I created it." And thus I am a Trekkie. As someone in here said, "Trekker" sounds like someone who doesn't want to "lower themselves" by being called a Trekkie.
i agree

10char
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Trekkie

-