Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
My brother and I are both working on the Deep Space Encounters and are on the same team, yet we cannot change instances to join up together. One time we zoned in close together time-wise and ended up in the same instance, but most of the time we don't.

I tried to change instances via the map, but when I highlight the instance he is in, the 'Change' button grays out.

Shouldn't we be able to switch instances so we can join up?

And shouldn't members of a Team all enter the same mission instance? The whole point of joining a team is so you have help in missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 06:15 PM
It would be nice. It would also be nice if a 2 or 3 person team got put in the same instance in the first place, rather than split up. I used to think this was a bug, but I'm starting to suspect it's "working as intended." It encourages us to make new friends! Who needs the old ones anyway. One thing we can't complain about is forced grouping. None of that, we get forced soloing instead. I like this game, but this is one feature that really annoys me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes. If we are grouped before we enter the instance then please drag us into the same instance. If members of my group are in different instances (for any reason) make it easy for us to get into the same instance. (Perhaps an option when I right click their name in the group window? Perhaps put the instance(s) with other group members at the top of the list (and in another colour!) when I try to change instances?)

When there are several hundred instances to look through and they are not searchable or in numerical order - it is frustrating scrolling through page after page looking for the one my team mates are in.

I like the way groups get dragged into PvP... I wish it was this simple for PvE.