Lt. Commander
STO is patching a relese since this morning and guess what? Nothing in the release notes except some deleted stuff and a look here of bug and release note.

Come on Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 04:10 PM
There was like three of them in the past 5 days, but RN only from 23rd.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 04:12 PM
It was a minor patch, probably for stability fixes, hence the version number still saying 23rd Jan.

When theres a patch worth mentioning they'll be sure to post it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Devs usually post patch notes only when they make additions or fixes to the game, not when they fix minor things like server stability issues.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 04:22 PM
i agree this is pathetic communication with the community, if Cryptic is patching post some notes! Even if its just Stability updates, tell the fans.

Its things like this and Cryptic wonders why people say they have poor communication to the fans.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Feedback is not good overall.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
i agree this is pathetic communication with the community, if Cryptic is patching post some notes! Even if its just Stability updates, tell the fans.

Its things like this and Cryptic wonders why people say they have poor communication to the fans.
From the little that I have seen, Cryptic does a decent job of communicating. I, however, base that, in part, on my experiences in other mmo's, such as vanguard.

Disagreement from the Dark Side!!!!

Kelvinich
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I too would like to see documented patch notes so, for those of us who like to report detailed bug reports, we can reference any related patch that came prior to any anomalies we are reporting about. I feel, even if it was a patch note that only contained "Corrected a Client Crash Bug," this would be good for the over-all Community. As well, it is in an MMO's best interest to post such Patch notes, even if they are seeming irrelevant to the average user, for not only does it help as I said prior but it also gives the Community the sense that the gaming company of that game cares enough, and has pride in their work to inform their users about even the smallest of fixes.

Not to forget to mention, full recorded detailed patch notes also provide a Game Company with a track record that shows the general online public that they are constantly working on the game, which gives the Game and Company a history of credibility and dedication to their player-base and game. In this respect, more Gaming Companies should take a cue from Turbine, Inc., who is probably the most Community Active MMO Company on the Market. It is no wonder, taking that into account, that so many players respect Turbine, Inc.

The lack there-of only works against Gaming Companies, which should be apparent is the case just by browsing this forum as well as other gaming forums who also do not Communicate highly with their Consumers and Communities.

Thank you for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 05:10 PM
I think patches with no patch notes are gold sellers hacking the company and sending us key loggers so I agree a little reassureance from company would be good