Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP Win/Loss Rewards
02-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Most of my fleet is offline atm, so a fleet mate and I joined a pug in cracked planet. We had the misfortune of having 2 teammates more interested in abusing the game mechanics than playing the game. Here is a sample of Zone chat;

[17:27] [Zone] Mak'Lar@Gorlok: ANYONE who is an LC and wants to make 3k SP an hour convo me
[17:28] [Zone] Mak'Lar@Gorlok: Klings only
[17:28] [Zone] Albino@Mr.Roboto0: Run in n kamikaze gogogo

They preceded to zerg the blob until the round ended after 3 minutes, with a score of 15-2. These will be the first 2 morons at level cap, their only accomplishment being quickest to die and in doing so ruining the match for whoever gets stuck with them.

I realize cryptic wants this to be disneyland in space where everyone "wins" even when they lose, but this is ridiculous. The current mechanic is ripe for abuse, clearly didnít take these two idiots long.

My condolences to the KDF warriors who pug on a regular basis.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Why am I not surprised it is our illustrious friend Gorlok? He is on my ignore list for a reason. Did you report him?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 04:58 PM
This is quick becoming the Hall of Shame. Our latest "winner";

[18:51] [Zone] Xanthas@Skulash: So get to the middle so I can die faster....

Its a full room mind you, its not as if he's in there alone in a 5v1

I didn't realize this was such a problem!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Wow...but then again...isnt this what the Feds want? The rest of you tactical guys were griefing with your cloaks on.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
This is quick becoming the Hall of Shame. Our latest "winner";

[18:51] [Zone] Xanthas@Skulash: So get to the middle so I can die faster....

Its a full room mind you, its not as if he's in there alone in a 5v1

I didn't realize this was such a problem!
Way to take things out of context

On the match (that ended 5 minutes since I posted this, and you saying "making me famous on the forums") I was alone against 5 feds in the start, maybe for good 2-3 minutes. Charged them a few times out of boredom for this borked system (starting matches before 5 people are in). So, wanting this match to end as fast as possible to get in to a new one, I kamikazed them untill the end. (I even mentioned I rather end this in 5 minutes to join a match that "might" be 5vs5, rather than spending +10 minutes stalling.)

Now on the system itself. It is deffinetly borked atm, when you lose, you get I think 110 points and on the winning side 130 points? In tier2 that is. I'm sure feeding excists, untill Cryptic fixes/balances the system.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulash
Way to take things out of context

On the match (that ended 5 minutes since I posted this, and you saying "making me famous on the forums") I was alone against 5 feds in the start, maybe for good 2-3 minutes. Charged them a few times out of boredom for this borked system (starting matches before 5 people are in). So, wanting this match to end as fast as possible to get in to a new one, I kamikazed them untill the end. (I even mentioned I rather end this in 5 minutes to join a match that "might" be 5vs5, rather than spending +10 minutes stalling.)

Now on the system itself. It is deffinetly borked atm, when you lose, you get I think 110 points and on the winning side 130 points? In tier2 that is. I'm sure feeding excists, untill Cryptic fixes/balances the system.
When we joined the score was 0-0 iirc, how long were you waiting exactly?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
When we joined the score was 0-0 iirc, how long were you waiting exactly?
Err, you were playing Klingon? I only saw two klingons when I had died around 3-4 times? The feds started to get bored of waiting and asked for the klingons to attack. So from that I thought there were no others since I was the only one shifting the score in the beginning. Anyhoo, you can call me a feeder or whatever, just know that this thread might not help fixing the problem :p (And if you think I really am a "feeder", you are sorely mistaken, I know nobody from the fed side, and only play this Klingon character!)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1DoJy-mms

example of above Zerging - luckily I had Fraps on I started recording after you did this 3x, it was 1:0 when we joined.

The thing Cryptic need to do and ill prob make a thread suggesting it, is impliment a gradient upon death, first death its 10 seconds till respawn, 2nd 15, 3rd 25, 4th 45, 5th 1 minute. This would possibly help stop or at least slow down these tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulash
Err, you were playing Klingon? I only saw two klingons when I had died around 3-4 times? The feds started to get bored of waiting and asked for the klingons to attack. So from that I thought there were no others since I was the only one shifting the score in the beginning. Anyhoo, you can call me a feeder or whatever, just know that this thread might not help fixing the problem :p (And if you think I really am a "feeder", you are sorely mistaken, I know nobody from the fed side, and only play this Klingon character!)
No one is implying you do it to help the Feds, you do it to help yourself. Dieing quickly = more xp than playing the game.

You're part of the problem. Feds get used to rolling people like you, then lose to people that try and claim we're OP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Most of my fleet is offline atm, so a fleet mate and I joined a pug in cracked planet. We had the misfortune of having 2 teammates more interested in abusing the game mechanics than playing the game. Here is a sample of Zone chat;

[17:27] [Zone] Mak'Lar@Gorlok: ANYONE who is an LC and wants to make 3k SP an hour convo me
[17:28] [Zone] Mak'Lar@Gorlok: Klings only
[17:28] [Zone] Albino@Mr.Roboto0: Run in n kamikaze gogogo

They preceded to zerg the blob until the round ended after 3 minutes, with a score of 15-2. These will be the first 2 morons at level cap, their only accomplishment being quickest to die and in doing so ruining the match for whoever gets stuck with them.

I realize cryptic wants this to be disneyland in space where everyone "wins" even when they lose, but this is ridiculous. The current mechanic is ripe for abuse, clearly didnít take these two idiots long.

My condolences to the KDF warriors who pug on a regular basis.

That guy has been ruining every PVP match I've been in (edit: with him) since beta. He's not the only one. I like to try and pug to teach klingons tricks or to meet new people, but these guys frustrate me so much I almost feel like never pugging.