Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Reading now. Just been swamped, so haven't had a chance to post.

Monitoring, leveling up my Klingon...
PvP Merits Jack PvP Merits. And patch notes!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:

since your leveling up your klingon add more pve for us!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:

sweet, if ya have time this thread got a lot of support from people in the OB and in retail it is gaining support. It is about what people think needs to be fixed for pvp/klingons. http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89101
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Quote:

Jackapole you are one man, and while we all appreciate your efforts greatly, I think what we want is just more communication and understanding about what is or is not working currently. This communication does not have to come from you though we do honor you among the warriors, but we don't expect you to be at our beck and call.

Any frustration we feel I think is safe to say based on the fact that many things we've been reporting are still broken and have been for a while. This I think sums up the majority of complaints Klingons players have.

Thanks again for stopping in. May your enemies fall to your bat'leth.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Didn't you hear? As soon as you reveal yourself as an official on game forums, your soul and remaining days of your life belongs to us. We are the Paying Customers, and sometimes you've woken up all soaked from a nightmare about our nonsensical wishes.

While you may have had a family, even a life, in the past, those days are gone forever. Our expectations are that you 1) work all the hours you are awake 2) do not sleep 3) post more relevant information to us 4) stop wasting time posting relevant information to us and work on the game instead 5) cookies 6) your firstborn 7) more klingon PVE 8) see 1) 9) see 8) 10) post a picture of your klingon 11) post a naked picture of your klingon 12) walk around with an air of superiority and a vague smile hinting that yes, yes, you are in fact ****ing bat**** insane 13) just to be clear, we'd rather have an ill-tempered savant with a terrible life than a happy family man/woman so that not only do you work every waked hour, you work feverently. Our only priority is our own happiness, and while we have no confidence whatsoever that you can accomplish this, we will nevertheless spend many precious hours trying to convince you that what WE want is more important than what everyone else wants.

Oh, you didn't read the fineprint? I'm sure I read that somewhere on every MMO that ever existed and ever will evereverever.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:

Dude. We're utterly inundated with newbs who we are destroying in pvp. They don't know how to play, and don't realize how serious the skill gap is. We have nerf posts every other post.

It's painful.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
Yes, it is a bummer, but it sort of makes sense.

The klingon faction, by its nature, attracts fewer customers than the Fed Faction -- so Feds are going to get the lion's share of attention.

Add to this point, that they are focused on launching the game, and you can sort of see why the Klingons are not a huge focus right now.

I am not saying Cryptic does not care, but rather that they are just busy elsewhere. Kestrel has said she is working on KDF story content, so that should be good news for some. I would imagine there will be more stuff and participation once they clear launch and take care of any major Fed issues.
By rights, and from past history in mmos in the last @5 or six years, due to it's inherent "anti-hero" feel the klingon faction should be just as, or more, popular a choice than the Fed side. That it currently isn't most likely has to do with too much emphasis on it being a "PvP faction" and a severe lack of content and content options for varied play style preferences. So hopefully the dev team sees that putting Klingon issues on the front burners is of paramount importance. It'll only be good for the game.

To Jackalope:

Good to know you're out there mate.