Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
This game is almost lag free now. I have to give it to cryptic, the servers are getting more and more stable every day.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
This game is almost lag free now. I have to give it to cryptic, the servers are getting more and more stable every day.
It was the same when I joined. I rejoiced, threw a bluddy party. Did 2 out the 3 secure the sector missions, on the third, BAM, rubber band strikes again.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Because the internet is 100% reliable people.:p
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Long long ago I realized if I was suffering from a game problem that other people weren't, then the problem was most likely on my end. Further, if a few other people were also suffering the same problem, but the bulk of people weren't...then odds are it was either on our ends OR there was something we all had in common that wasn't compatible.

One way to find out what the problem is is to eliminate what ISN'T causing the problem. If I was you (you being the people suffering lag) I'd head over to the Tech forum and post a DSDIAG of my system, as well as a full hardware write up. Of course, I'd do this after scanning for spyware/adware/malware and cleaning my system, defragging it, updating the drivers, making sure the computer itself is free of dust and the fans are working correctly, that nothing is overheating, and that my cables are all connected tightly. Especially the last one, but only so I don't complain loudly to my landlord that my cable is out, complain loudly to the cable company that my cable is out, only to find out I accidently pulled the plug while moving the desk and there's nothing wrong with it.....

Um, not that uh, that um, ever uh, actually happened.....
/sigh