Lt. Commander
It seems my view screen is not operating correctly, for I cannot ever seem to get the engineers to have it display anything other than the vast view of Space. What if you could have them reprogram and fix it so it would display your Hails to Starfleet in the following depiction. The depiction takes into account a Hail to Lieutenant Grall and may be found here:
Depiction of a New Bridge View-Screen Programming.

How would you feel if you were able to use your Bridge's view screen in this manner, also allowing any visitors on your Bridge to see who you are Hailing while on your Bridge, instead of seeing everything on your tricorder (window pop-up)? I, for one, would love this indeed. I am going to go call a meeting with my Chief Engineer and Communications Officer.

Safe travels!
~Captain Zebular Zeryn Zebulon, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed.
U.S.S. Zebulon-C

Notes: This little idea would just basically mean:
  1. The Removal of the Picture Frame in the Hail Pop-Up when in your own Ship's Bridge.
  2. Replacement of the Hail Picture Frame into the View-Screen's Display area of your Ship's Bridge.
  3. Would allow all Players on the Ship's Bridge to see the image of whoever the Ship's Captain is Hailing, without the Pop-Up of course.
  4. Other Players on another Captain's Ship would still get the same Tricorder-Type Hail Pop-Up when hailing from another player's Bridge.
  5. This is not a Replacement, nothing would change when not on your own Ship's Bridge and Hailing Starfleet. This is an addition for the Bridge, or better yet, an Enhancement to the Bridge.

((Further Note: Have any other neat little ideas like this to enhance the functions of the Bridge or some other aesthetically pleasing role-playing aspects? Let's keep this about little menial things that are not pressing issues. We have enough threads about the serious stuff. This is just a light-hearted fun idea.))
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Would love it, sadly it would probably just add 10-40 seconds of loading screens to, well, every 3 minutes of play.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
I think that sounds awesome. It'd bring more of a Star Trek feel to it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Indeed. The Bridge is beautiful, it is a shame that it goes to such waste.

What does everyone else think of this? Anyone else have any light-hearted "cool" features like this? I'm only Half-Betazoid and born without any telepathic or empathic abilities, so I cannot read your minds at all! Honest!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 02:25 AM
it would be ok if you could use both, as I really dont want to have to load the bridge up every time i want to call star fleet. There are enough loading screens as it is..
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 02:37 AM
It's a good idea, but sorry to say, it ain't new - been suggest a million times. I think Cryptic massively underestimated our desire to use the Bridge (which shouldn't really be surprising if you've ever watched any episode of any Star Trek series).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
it would be ok if you could use both, as I really dont want to have to load the bridge up every time i want to call star fleet. There are enough loading screens as it is..
This.

How about a static image popup that basically looks like the viewscreen but was a fullscreen view? Would be easier than loading the bridge just to hail starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 02:44 AM
I'd dearly love them to do soemthing with the bridge and viewscreen - it just isnt star trek without being able to view that bird of prey de-cloaking over you on the view-screen. Something bridge commander-ish would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
This.

How about a static image popup that basically looks like the viewscreen but was a fullscreen view? Would be easier than loading the bridge just to hail starfleet.
This idea is not a replacement but an addition to the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsky View Post
It's a good idea, but sorry to say, it ain't new - been suggest a million times. I think Cryptic massively underestimated our desire to use the Bridge (which shouldn't really be surprising if you've ever watched any episode of any Star Trek series).
Shucks. I'd really love to really use the bridge.