Lt. Commander
Hey just curious is it part of the STO's programming to re-check itself after a crash? Verifying ALL the files?
I'm gamer to the core but when it comes to tech and programming i'm so naive.
Feel free to poke fun at lack of sense.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 06:53 AM
after a crash STO is set to veryify its files id guess to makesure nothing got corrupted or a file corruption wasnt the cause of the crash

you can disable this verify by going to options and untick the force verify tick box
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 07:33 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=95837

this will fix it and dont need verify.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:13 AM
sweet. thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium
after a crash STO is set to veryify its files id guess to makesure nothing got corrupted or a file corruption wasnt the cause of the crash

you can disable this verify by going to options and untick the force verify tick box
Or just click Cancel. As mentioned, it is a defensive measure to make sure nothing in corrupted.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:59 PM
My client crashes several times a day, so I'm very familiar with the lengthy verification. I've tried skipping it, but most of the time that results in another crash after selecting my character.

Once I get my install disc I'm going to re-install the client, even though it probably won't make a difference!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretafour View Post
My client crashes several times a day, so I'm very familiar with the lengthy verification. I've tried skipping it, but most of the time that results in another crash after selecting my character.

Once I get my install disc I'm going to re-install the client, even though it probably won't make a difference!
this is what happened to me this evening. Ive never had crashes like I did tonight. Once before due to something with the outfit changes. But, after today's patch it was every 20-30 minutes if I was in an instance, and if I didn't let it verify it was much sooner.
I'm hoping the new client will make a difference too, but I'm not going to bet on it.