Lt. Commander
# 1 Missing.
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
People are complaining about canon, non canon, colors and all sorts of things.

However the one thing that bothers me is missing. No... Literally "missing".

I know in most mmos the only thing that is affected in the animation when you miss is the "MISS" over the targets head. However what really bothers me is seeing my phaser hit the ship, my torpedoes hit the target... and then seeing "MISS"...

Would it be terribly hard to have a "missed" shot fly across the person bow, or a torpedo to keep on going? Even if the torpedo suddenly disappears, or doesn't hit anything else, it would really add to the realism. It would also make the space battle a LOT more fun to watch.

What do others thing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
For me this particular short coming comes behind many, many, many others. For me I would rather have content on the Kling side and suffer the hitting missing torps. That's just me though.

However just looking at your proposal forsaking all other problems yes I agree 100% that it would make space battles more enjoyable imo. In fact I would like to see it go one step further and see ships block firing paths, or if not block then whom ever gets in the way of the phaser/cannon/torp/mine/enter weapon here takes the damage rather than the intended target. Then space battles would really be tactical and so much better, again imo.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I have seen the occasional beam go flying off into space, but yeah. There isn't a whole lot of missing. Which, I guess, makes sense. Considering we're firing beams of coherent light at each other over a distance of less then 10km.
Ugh...here I go with math. Prepare for me to be wrong<LOL>

Lessee...the speed of light is 299,792,458 meters/second, or 29,979.2km/s. It's traveling only 10km. We're talking nano seconds if not pico seconds. Hard to manuever out of the way of something that fast.

Torpedoes on the other hand...well, I suppose they're guided. Still, should be some way to break lock? Perhaps there is with SCI captains.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 09:23 PM
My biggest issue is that Naomi Wildman looks like she has a the typical Ktarians distinctive forehead that is divided into two hemispheres on her head instead of the horn ridges that she she got from her Ktarians-human heritage. It is like the Devs(artist) were given a fact sheet instead of actually watching any of the TV show. The saw she was Ktarian from the fact sheet and gave her the standard bone structure of that race, not knowing that she should of had exo-cranial ridges that result from human hybrid.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
use Torpedo Spread more often, the most useles Boff power imho