Lt. Commander
I tried to play this weekend but basically said "screw that" when I saw there was a queue on this single server game in HEAD START.

I also canceled my preorder, since if there are queues in head start then there will be even longer queues when it launches.

Was this issue ever addressed and are there still queues? No more threads on it on the front page or two.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 10:08 PM
No queues that I've seen the last day, think they were testing it out with low a threshold.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Good to hear. May still pick this up, might give it a week or two though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Naturally, login queues will occur after the game servers were offline, as everyone will be rushing in once the server is back up.

Unless login queues start showing up during normal server operations I really wouldn't worry about it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 10:12 PM
It is 10pm pacific time, but login was SUPER fast.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Everyone is too busy complaining about how they were screwed out of buying the lifetime sub at the last minute to actually play the game (and join the queue). :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
You cancelled your pre-order because you had to wait in a queue on one day? It was pretty obvious given that queueing never reared its head at either the end of OB event, nor at the start of head-start that it was pretty unlikely to be a genuine load issue. Especially on a Sunday.

Yeah, it sucks that it made getting to play on Sunday a bit more difficult, but since I haven't actually paid for the game yet - and wont be until its shipped in either the next day or two - it's pretty difficult to complain. I'd much rather they pulled this stuff to get the server architecture ready for launch during the free, bonus weekend rather than running into a brick wall and not being able to play once my 30's been cashed and I've signed for a sub.