Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthar View Post
As I've said in most of the other "Oh noes, server go b00m!" threads, this is the fourth time that EU/rest 'o the world got shafted.

While all the bloody americans are at work/school the server is being lovingly maintained so it is available when they come home and put their slippers on. The rest of us be damned, aparently.
Wait... are you saying you're mad that the servers go down for maintenance during the exact same time that the maintenance people are at work and working on them??? zomg! conspiracy!!!!!!

I'd like to apologize that the maintenace guys live in the U.S. and work during U.S. business hours.
(and I'm willing to bet that some people work a night shift too!)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
02-01-2010, 10:27 PM
I appologise for Cryptic attempting to fix the servers. They should have never tried, seeing as you complain either way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
My insight is there are 1,697 threads just like this so this one isn't needed. He/She could have posted in any of them.

Got it?

EDIT: And to clarify, I like the game but also this blows that they are having so many servers issues, but is making countless useless threads about it helping anything?
Stop bumping it with multi-able posts in it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
02-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
If you can tell me the benefit of these threads I will GLADLY concede that I am an ******. Do you think Cryptic has a counter and if they get a certain amount of displeased user threads then they go out and buy additional servers?
benefit is that it keeps you posting into it while at same time saying the OP is making a wasted thread. It's benefit is from me getting a chuckle over your 3rd post in this as you say worthless thread. That is enough benefit to me as I see it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
02-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txtrekker View Post
comon.....you guys would be complaining about something else if the servers were working fine.....iam absolutely sure of that!
Well that is given. Thing is they can't complain about the crappy gameplay and other issues because they haven't been able to play long enough to see them yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
02-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0t.Xoc
if there is scheduled maintenance, the only time scheduling that determines when they do would be when the employees are at work. unfortunately that's during the evening in the UK. it has nothing to do with "an american company."



you are completely right. you are entitled to vent. and because you're selfish you post nonsensical, flaming garbage without thinking of anyone else. the whole point is that it doesn't help anything. it's not helping fix the server, it's not helping with people who are interesting in buying the game, and it doesn't help with the morale of the forum community. so it's not that you're not entitled to what you're doing, it's that you choose to do it. this kind of negativity never existed in the world of start trek and that is why a lot of us have such problems with it. star trek is about community, self improvement, and cooperation towards common goals. because of your attitude i can only guess that you would be a villain in the world of star trek, and thus no matter how much bile comes from your keyboard or how successful you are in the game. in the world of star trek, where this game ultimately exists, you have failed.
All I can say is OMG. Did you just use a fictional SciFi setting to try and insult someone because they where not acting like people do in a fictional SciFi setting?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
02-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takvah View Post
Wipe that brown stuff off your nose, kid.
More like wipe the green vulcan blood off your nose and get a grip on real world and not try and insult people because they don't act like they live in Star Trek universe. I wonder if he knows that Star Trek is not real.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
02-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0t.Xoc
down time is a fact for all MMOs. it's not going away.

no one paid for headstart. subscriptions don't start until tomorrow and no one forced you to pay for the game before it's launched tomorrow. preorder keys and open beta keys allow you to play headstart and still cancel the actual order for a full refund. you pay for the retail key and subscription. think about it.
But dude this is Star Trek and it is real, so shouldn't they like have more advanced computers to run this game?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
02-01-2010, 10:48 PM
i leveld to lt. com 6 in headstart..so i'm ahead of those who start today....so..i guess it was a headstart
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
02-01-2010, 11:00 PM
It goes down at our peak times too. Its not even retail yet so Im not caring that much. Most of the time I see it come down mid/late afternoon for me (game time). Which is going to be peak, out of school off of work time, for the rest of the united states. Its also gone down between 3-10pm (-8 gmt) and later which affects you guys then. It just goes down. Im sure the developers look like bulldogs with drooping eyes about now with all the restarts, patches, etc.

You can see the forums, everyone is getting agitated (in some cases aggravated and monkey being stared at mad). Its not just those on the other side of the pond.

Its not just singling out you folks. Everyone is affected. Im not complaining since I haven't signed up for a subscription yet. Once that kicks in and I start getting the boot every day, then my frustration level will rise.

Im sure the stock prices of all the energy drink companies will rise because of this.

Despite all the down time, I was still able to level up past the starter areas and start my research on tribble genetics. Which is usually what I do when I get rubber banded all the time and suffer lag.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:09 PM.