Lt. Commander
# 31 Buying Energy
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I dont even know why anyone should buy energy with real-world-money. PVP is such a good possibility to get rich, so no one should even need real-money-trading.

So: ban buyers and sellers, and give us tools to keep our chat and mail clear of such people^^
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Yes I dont even see a need for using real money to purchase ingame currency. There are so many ways to get the things you need ingame. And decent items at that. You can get green Mk IV consoles & weapons for your starships just by completing 2 exploration missions that give you 2nd order badges. You can get gear for your actual char just by completing 1 of them. heck... do the 2 and you can get 1 ship and 1 personal weapon. Not to mention it seems enough stuff drops that its unnecessary anyway. Especially when the quests give you plenty of items to use or sell. Only time I do the exploration & pvp stuff is when I cant find it on the exchange. Otherwise energy credits dont seem to be an issue. (and I dont consider myself lucky for drops by any means)
Lt. Commander
# 33 Gold Farming/Spamming
02-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I just wanted to add a quick note that very soon we will be adding the ability to report players for spamming/gold farming directly from the forums and web site. We are testing this functionality now and will be adding it very soon.

We are also working on more things to implement that will be seamless to the players but willl help the GMs out tremendously.

I will be adding updates as I get them. By working together we can help fight this and make your playing experience better.

Cheers
Phil

Director of CS
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Hurray!

/10c
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-01-2010, 10:34 PM
NI know the forums have a restriction that prevents non-subscribers from accessing certain sections. Is there anyway to do the same for private messages?

These credit sellers are spamming up mailboxes faster than you can ban them.

carrillo
stoneaaa
gdfgdfsdf
feryhrt
awodufgyv
dsfsa

are all credit selling spammers and or poor souls who thought it would be a good idea to pay these jerks 9 dollars to power level to 10.

Can you give us an option to block non-subscriber messages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Marauder
I just wanted to add a quick note that very soon we will be adding the ability to report players for spamming/gold farming directly from the forums and web site. We are testing this functionality now and will be adding it very soon.

We are also working on more things to implement that will be seamless to the players but willl help the GMs out tremendously.

I will be adding updates as I get them. By working together we can help fight this and make your playing experience better.

Cheers
Phil

Director of CS
Very nice. Hopefully that means we can report directly from our inbox?
Lt. Commander
The spammers use random characters as names most of the time, so our blacklist would stack up so long in the long run. Perhaps this is the only thing a user/player can do, but if I may call on the Dev/Maintenance team to help filter those keywords "Gold", "sellsto", "ignmax", etc. that would help further.

I'm sure there is a way to filter search for those keywords, find out those user IDs that are sending those spam, and disable their accounts on a global level. We just need someone to go ahead and do it and put the time (perhaps once per month) to perform this maintenance job.

The gaming experience would be much better for this.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Thank you! Squish 'em!
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-01-2010, 11:13 PM
How about we mark those smugglers for open killable in game for every side and after death they get a 1 hour chat ban and we get some bounty for killing em Let us do some profit

Forum spam report would be great
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanlau View Post
The spammers use random characters as names most of the time, so our blacklist would stack up so long in the long run. Perhaps this is the only thing a user/player can do, but if I may call on the Dev/Maintenance team to help filter those keywords "Gold", "sellsto", "ignmax", etc. that would help further.

I'm sure there is a way to filter search for those keywords, find out those user IDs that are sending those spam, and disable their accounts on a global level. We just need someone to go ahead and do it and put the time (perhaps once per month) to perform this maintenance job.

The gaming experience would be much better for this.
They use random chars, but you don't block chars. You block entire account when you add them to ignore list making them have to get a brand new account to spam you with and when they make the forum useable only by subscribers, they won't be able to send PMs without buying the game over and over again.

They won't survive long in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 40 ... hope you're right.
02-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
They won't survive long in this game.
Here's hoping that you're right.

//toast