Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
the power shares a cooldown timer. so, two with the same skill doesn't get you an extra use.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnemth View Post
the power shares a cooldown timer. so, two with the same skill doesn't get you an extra use.
Not exactly. It imposes a delay, but it isn't equal to the max cooldown of the power either. It's around 20-25 seconds for most skills which work like this, which in the case of this one is about half of the skill's cooldown at lv9 (45sec).

Edit: Clarity
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shintaru View Post
I don't mean to be rude but I just had a quick question related to shields that I didn't think deserved it's own thread and may be a stupid question but anyway, if I had two engineering officers who had emergency power to shields, would I be able to use them separately or would they share the same timer?
power to shields, weapons, aux or engines share the same global cool down. about 30 sec. Max out these skills have a 45 sec cooldown so you basicly get to use one every 30 seconds if you have 2.

as for the OP get the science ability Science team, it heals your shields. Now you can get skills that buff the skill to heal even more. I belive its science officer, a tier 1 ability, it boosts your ground science officer and the science team ability.

seems the engineering one is also good to get since it boosts the enginering team ability that heals the hull.

Both of these can save you in a tight situation or turn the tides in pvp is applied to the right targets or yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Alright, thanks everyone~! That clears things up for me, don't think i'll do it.