Lt. Commander
# 1 do you change color for comand
02-02-2010, 01:22 AM
I have a question if you are a sience office you color is normaly blue but if you go from that to # 1 or captain do they change your color to the red for comand or you stay in blue ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 01:34 AM
your whatever colour you wish to be, unless using a combat suit which will revert to your class.

Blue for Science
Yellow for Engineer
Red for Tactical

Starfleet in the time between Nemesis and Romulus being destroyed stopped regulation uniforms so you can have whatever colour you want.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm an engineer but I totally changed my color to red because...well, I'm the captain
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 02:29 AM
I've got a bit of an interesting thing going on.

I selected the Standard Uniform (the one the NPCs wear) and was planning to use it just to get that feeling of military uniformity. I think it's the Starfleet B 02 uniform. However when I tried, I think it was, Variant 2, it looked a little more dressy, and I really liked it. You might be able to make it out out in my avatar.

It's a red (my career) shirt and sleeps, with light black shoulder, but the collar and sort of "undershirt" looking bit (though it's part of the main jacket I believe) is white. I thought the white was awesome for my Captain, a bit of a sign of his position as Captain (I believe the old Royal Navy uniform allowed a bit more flourish for the Captains).

For my BOs, I use the same uniform as the Captain to keep uniformity, but when I change it to Variant 2 it keeps the same colours as the Variant 1 (default) colours, so the shirt and sleeves are still their career colours (blue/red/gold), but the shoulder and undershirt area are a black.

It makes them look the same as my Captain, except for the tiny difference of the white collar.

I love it, I've kept the "default" feeling but have tweaked and dressed it up a bit, and my Captain, while keeping the standard uniform, has a little touch that distinguishes him, undoubtedly, as the Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 02:41 AM
I chose the B02 uniform and made mine all black for myself and my bridge crew. Then I made the com badges and ranks gold. I see a lot of people running around that look like I should be ordering drinks from them or ice cream cones. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupei View Post
I have a question if you are a sience office you color is normaly blue but if you go from that to # 1 or captain do they change your color to the red for comand or you stay in blue ?
It will be default blue (in your case) when you create the character, but you can change the color to whatever you want, as well as the combadge symbols (comm, ops, sci, or none).

To answer the inevitable question about armor; when you bind armor to your character, it will show up as blue (in your case) and you cannot edit the armor color, but you can hide it from view by pressing "u", then right clicking the armor slot and selecting "hide from uniform" or similar.

My uniform is also mostly black with red shirt under and gray shoulders. I felt is was evolution from the last uniforms worn in nemesis (and I hate the future uniforms they showed from 2405 in Voyager "Endgame" and TNG "All Good Things"). My BOs have the same, but different colors for their divisions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 03:24 AM
I'm playing a custom alien who has kind of a plant/nature thing going, so I gave her a green and brown uniform that complements her skintone. Officers wear various styles but in the same colors.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
It will be default blue (in your case) when you create the character, but you can change the color to whatever you want, as well as the combadge symbols (comm, ops, sci, or none).

To answer the inevitable question about armor; when you bind armor to your character, it will show up as blue (in your case) and you cannot edit the armor color, but you can hide it from view by pressing "u", then right clicking the armor slot and selecting "hide from uniform" or similar.

My uniform is also mostly black with red shirt under and gray shoulders. I felt is was evolution from the last uniforms worn in nemesis (and I hate the future uniforms they showed from 2405 in Voyager "Endgame" and TNG "All Good Things"). My BOs have the same, but different colors for their divisions.
But I loved the com bage in the future for All Good Things. I don't remember the voyager episode. Janeway is probably at fault for starting this war. Actually is she considered dead in this game as I think she was killed in one of the books, and Mackenzie is here so I'm assuming they integrated some of that aswell. ????
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupei View Post
You can make your uniform any colour you want. You can make it pink if you like. But your career and rank are not related. You can be a doctor and a captain and wear blue. In the series most captains were in the command branch, not not all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
thank you to every body for answering that way we learn a little more every day and make the game better . I was asking because in a episode I saw a LT comander he was tactical and was in yellow but they promote him to # 1 of a star ship and he chance to red but if you see Metaride post he said that

Starfleet in the time between Nemesis and Romulus being destroyed stopped regulation uniforms so you can have whatever colour you want
so before it was madatory to chance and now it not .