Lt. Commander
# 1 didnt got my cd key from still
02-02-2010, 12:32 AM
well anyone got his keys im not steam still shows my sto as beta and no key in mail or showed under steam. anyone else??
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 12:45 AM
For some dumb reason they are making us wait until 10AM PST... guess they want to make us wait just a little longer to get our preorder items...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 12:50 AM
gettin really ****ed of now.. i bought dde to get some extra stuff earlie than others also can play earlier but what i get??? 4 days headstart but i cant use my items the ones i paid for like the joined trill . i wanna be a joined trill ?? so i have to wait till normal start so wtf i paid for?????
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norador
gettin really ****ed of now.. i bought dde to get some extra stuff earlie than others also can play earlier but what i get??? 4 days headstart but i cant use my items the ones i paid for like the joined trill . i wanna be a joined trill ?? so i have to wait till normal start so wtf i paid for?????
Technically you paid for a licence to Play Star Trek Online, with that Licence you got Beta Access and Access to the Head Start then when the game goes live you get to create a Joined Trill Char and some extra free items.

Yes it sucks as i wanted to create a Joined Trill and play it during head start as well or at least have it applied retroactivly but someone between Cryptic and the Retailers really dropped the ball on pre-orders and didn't think it through properly and we are stuck in this situation that has angered the masses.

Thats why the server keeps going down to distract everyone from the pre-order mess :p (note the last part is infact a joke and not to be taken seriously even though i am of the opinion that any capacity issues should have been resolved in Open Beta and that the game should not have moved to open until any large issues were corrected. And no "every MMO has problems at launch" is not an excuse, when it becomes one no MMO dev will strive for a better launch because everyone expects it to be broken and overloaded when the game goes live.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuar702 View Post
For some dumb reason they are making us wait until 10AM PST... guess they want to make us wait just a little longer to get our preorder items...
10 AM February 2nd has been the Officially launch time and date. It has been that way for at least a week.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norador
You paid to play at launch. The headstart was a BONUS everyone got. But you still have to wait till the official launch to get your items. They did that so people wouldn't pre order, then get the bonus items for free during the headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 7 It Wasn't When I bought it
02-02-2010, 01:23 AM
And you can take that license arguement and shove it.... This is a Pre Order, in this day and age theres beta's, open betas, alphas, closed betas, head starts, release dates, midnight starts, and even buying retail boxes of games at brick and mortar stores at midnight....

I dont know ANYONE who who preorder a Digital Download copy of the game, so they can have everything set and ready to go so they A. Dont have to go out at 12 midnight and stand in a line at what is usually horrible brick and mortars.... and B. So they can be on and in game before everyone else.

With this paticular game its even a step further, YOUR RACE/CLASS you are going to become to play till the end of the games days is something you cant pick till you have a retail key... and now anyone who has friends at Walmarts, Gamestops (Unofficially), or goes to legitmate 12 midnight stores, are going to be on and playing, before people who preordered ... in some cases weeks ago.

So again, take that you paid for a blah blah to play blah blah game... your darn right he/we did... and I'm pretty sure he and I did with the idea in mind that at 12 freakin midnight I would be on playing the game. Worst case scenario 12 midnight PST (local time for the company) but sure as hell not passed mid-day the following day when 90% of us are going to be at work...

Thats just 2 heads passed stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailsgalore View Post
You paid to play at launch. The headstart was a BONUS everyone got. But you still have to wait till the official launch to get your items. They did that so people wouldn't pre order, then get the bonus items for free during the headstart.

Launch date... you mean the time they set, but yet doesnt apply to people who go out and buy it at midnight (or later) today ?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 01:36 AM
I paid extra for my DDE from D2D, as well. So have many others.

Are we freaking out about not being able to use the items til the official release? Nope.

Not at all bothered by it.

It's only as big of an issue as you make of it. Life's hard sometimes, I know. At least you're not homeless, right?