Lt. Commander
Lets be honest here, we are still firmly in beta. The ONLY difference is that we are now paying for the privilige.

Nice one Cryptic, you sure know how to make money, shame you can't make a stable mmo.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 02:23 AM
If you're counting Headstart as Beta... then it ends on the 6th in N. America. The full game is now available in stores. Beta is technically done.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwyn
Lets be honest here, we are still firmly in beta. The ONLY difference is that we are now paying for the privilige.

Nice one Cryptic, you sure know how to make money, shame you can't make a stable mmo.
Hmm... Well I have been playing non stop all day, with no lag and no crashes... Been enjoying the heck out of myself while I am at it...

where's the problem?

By the way, if you think MMOs ever stop development, you have a big lesson to learn in how things really work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 02:34 AM
When the servers come down for good. Not anytime soon. Until then, there will always be bugs, rebalancing, and changes to the game. That's MMO life.

If you're asking when things will be more stable, typical MMO growth cycles say two weeks to a month from now. Though it's been pretty stable today, other than that hiccup this afternoon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwyn

Passive aggressive often? Ok, LETS be honest. The beta ended last week. The head start is almost over and release is in a few hours (though I'm hearing rumors it may have already started early).

While we're being honest, do you HONESTLY believe that once a game goes live the devs stop working on it? They stop testing things? They just pack up their tools and go home? What, do you think an MMO is a car? A brick wall? Once it's released, it's finished? MMOs are NEVER finished until they die. They are constantly growing, changing. And yes, breaking down. Just like your car does on occasion. Feces happens, after all.

Just in case you're about to levy the 'FANBOIIIII!!!!' defense, allow me to cut you off at the knees. I've said the SAME thing in just about every MMO that has been released since ****. INCLUDING the ones I did NOT like, such as WoW and SWG. Nor am I defending Cryptic; I am merely stating facts to offset the OPINION you are insisting is the 'honest truth'. The bottom line is the COMPANY decides when beta is over. Cryptic has declared STOs beta over. Therefore, it is. If you don't like a game that has bugs, crashes, and the like then you may wish to stay away from ANY MMO. Because they ALL have bugs, and many have crashes weeks and even months after release.