Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 02:34 AM
00:00 - 03:00 PST... not 12:00 - 15:00 PST.. but hey gj reading.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 02:40 AM
picture this....you live in LA (PST)...you work for a game developer company.....you and all your workmates are already putting in overtime to meet a release deadline....would you want to go into work at 3am just to give the rest of the world a chance to play in their timezone?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eedrah View Post
picture this....you live in LA (PST)...you work for a game developer company.....you and all your workmates are already putting in overtime to meet a release deadline....would you want to go into work at 3am just to give the rest of the world a chance to play in their timezone?
I wish people would read up on the subject before replying - They're going into work at 3am - 5am anyways.. So what does knocking a couple hours off of it make a difference? i'd rather work 12-2 than 3-5.

Can i just say i wasn't crusading to change maintenance times, everyone in this post bar 1 misinterprated why i made it - i was merely nerd-raging and wondering if anyone out there was in the same boat.
Lt. Commander
# 14
I'm pretty certain any time the servers would be down someone would be inconvenienced.

Cryptic already have to be at work crazy early to get everything setup for launch day. geez
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnagh View Post
Letīs be hones: MAIN play time in Europe is about 4pm to 11pm.
And: there is NO TIME at all where all people are content. I find patching in the morning when 95% of all people are either at work or in school VERY convenient.
In what country, you douche bag???

It's 9pm soon, I just got home, cooked and ate dinner, sit down, oh look server down in 20 minutes. When are most people at work/school at 9pm? It may be very convenient for YOU, but that doesn't mean it is for everyone.

As I said in another thread, Cryptic need to rotate the down times, so everyone shares the burden of them, and not just stick to them us. I can tell you for a fact last night at 9pm, the queues were popping fast and hard, and I was straight out of one game and straight into another, within a 30 seconds to a minute, If that.

So clearly people are playing during this time.

I just want it shared around, instead of eating the short straw every single patch.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ykesha

I just want it shared around, instead of eating the short straw every single patch.
Hense me making the thread.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Ok this will either fan the nerd rage or put it out but look at it like this.....

MMO launches, lots of unpredictable down time, key word being UNPREDICTABLE. Can't schedule that.

MMO has be out for a few weeks to months and has it's regularly scheduled downtime once a week for a couple hours. Key phrase there being ONCE A WEEK FOR A FEW HOURS. That's a couple hours one day out of seven. You still have six days and some odd hours to play minus time for work.

To be real I've been hit by this down time to. Gotten home from work itching to play to have the servers go down for a couple hours multiple times. Hell in one night i seem to remember two down times and a restart. Didn't get to play much that night, but no rage here. It's MMO life. Hopefully this put out the nerd rage
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vloren
00:00 - 03:00 PST... not 12:00 - 15:00 PST.. but hey gj reading.
Exactly making my point for me. 00:00 - 03:00 PST would put the downtime right smack in the time I play my games. It would also interrupt the team play that my son, his friends, and I enjoy playing so far. We played just a while ago together until 3:45 a.m. EST. Do the math. You're wanting to disrupt MY game play due to YOUR work schedule.

And, FWIW, per your request, I'd not be able to play right now as the servers would still not be back up.

Like others have stated, you're just being very selfish and thinking only of yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxam View Post
Really, you can't find a time that will suit everyone. The majority of the customer base is probably American, and moving the downtime to 8-10PM for Europe would annoy even more people. Performing maintenance when a) Americans are likely to be asleep, and b) most Europeans should be in work is pretty much the best compromise there is.
id agree with u to a point, by this i mean at the moment there is a bigger fan base in America cause they have had their offical launch, come friday id say the bigger fan base will be europe as there is a larger population over the whole of europe, and lets not forget main land europe is 1 hour ahead of GMT so maintanence thats suitable for USA times is hitting them harder surely.

but then again the STO staff are probly in America so it would be unreasonable to expect them to work at unsociable hours just so we in europe can play when we want to
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxilos View Post
but then again the STO staff are probly in America so it would be unreasonable to expect them to work at unsociable hours just so we in europe can play when we want to
Fair point, but the planned downtime regardless is unsociable anyways. (3AM - 5AM) - Thus, time is no hurdle.