Lt. Commander
# 1 torpedo spread I not working
01-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Topic sums it up actually.
Torpedo Spread I is not working (for me at least). It can be activated, but launching a torpedo afterwards does not result in anything.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf68 View Post
Topic sums it up actually.
Torpedo Spread I is not working (for me at least). It can be activated, but launching a torpedo afterwards does not result in anything.
What do you expect to happen? When I used it I get some fireworks around my target, but the AoE effect seems to be extremely limited. I tried to use it against swarms of fighters with little effect it also fails to kill minefields, but I do see damage numbers on several targets when they are very close. I suppose skill level needs to be pretty high though. Its not like they would give us instakilling aoe nukes at low levels
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 07:44 AM
I used it last night before I switched to High Yield... Once you activate Torpedo Spread you get a 'buff' for a short time. If you fire a torpedo in that time it fires the Spread instead.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:13 PM
It works just fine. Was using it today with a test BO.

Once activated, and you launch your next torpedo, it will fire a spread of them. I tried it several times, and to a single target, it doesn't do anything over a normal torpedo shot. However, I used it at a group of bird of prey's, and saw results on many of them.

The catch? Its still a torpedo with the same limitations of any other torpedo - if the targets' shields are still strong, you aren't going to see much damage - their shields would have to be weak or down.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Working as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I found them quiet useful as if the downed shield is not facing you say a fleet op you can still get damage through an empty shield
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 02:35 AM
I think it may be a graphics bug, when I use it it works however I cant see it. What I mean is it appears as nothing has happened however a few seconds later the target does get the proper damage. I'm assumin the OP has the same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 03:20 AM
I agree to Aerv. I have had the same prob till i patch my ATi Catalyst-Driver