Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemenow View Post
I guess everyone thought when they bought a game all the content CAME with it.

Clearly I'm mistaken
clearly. think back back when there was no horde content in WoW vanilla. in fact 90% of kalimador was empty. or in Elwyn forest. there were no deer, boar, spiders, flowers a town, buildings to walk into, ect.
or when they only had 1 skill tree for druids and you could tank as a priest.

..... oh wait. that didnt happen at all! hmm wonder where I got that idea from..
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimes87 View Post
its unlikely a money issue as much as they want everything their heart desires the moment they unwrap the shiny box. i know for a fact that most people complaining about the C-store would skip most of the game play if they could get to admiral. they dont want to earn what they get.

Well if you WORK for your money in real life, it is probably pretty important to you how you spend it especially in these times we live, that being said, I wouldn't generally conclude that those who are unhappy about features or items promised that would be avalible to those who are unable to earn anything and want free happy.

Um these people paid Cryptic Studios money, for stupid mini skirts, and while I am sure it is on it's way, if they don't deliver, i don't blame anybody for being angry and taking CS about it
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Couldn't care less. If I want whatever it is, I will buy it. If I don't I won't. Easy as that.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 03:35 AM
I can't wait for the Original series uniforms show up in the store
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggitygoo
clearly. think back back when there was no horde content in WoW vanilla. in fact 90% of kalimador was empty. or in Elwyn forest. there were no deer, boar, spiders, flowers a town, buildings to walk into, ect.

..... oh wait. that didnt happen at all! hmm wonder where I got that idea from..

Sure, except paid content was done in large patches. You didn't have to buy Naxxaramas lol

Edit: missed you sacrasm, anyways w/e
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggitygoo

Remember back when 45 - 60 was one shtty grind. Or when Druids only had 1 skill tree, healing.
But yea, it did have some freaking spiders in Elwyn, man that was so awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 03:40 AM
OP

American capitalism at it's finest. For a couple days worth of work the Devs bring Atari in an undefined/indefefinite sum of revenue.

THAT my friends is the whole problem here that they don't want to talk about. In the real world when you buy a product it has to be made. One or more has to be created with REAL labor for EACH purchase. The stuff they sell in the C-Store ... could take an hour ... a day... maybe a week ... and that IS ALL the work they ever have to put into it and yet they get to keep getting paid over and over and over.

It sure would be nice if I could go to work for one week and then get paid the rest of the year/or my life for that little bit of work. That's what Atari is doing .. maybe not the Devs but certainly Atari.

That people is why our monthly sub should be good enough for MOST of what the Devs do... Expansions 30bucks tops for that. Everything else .. They are rooking you right under your nose AND you are egging them on lol.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 03:42 AM
Coffee for the day is more expensive and worse for you.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liden
Coffee for the day is more expensive and worse for you.
Sure but someone has to serve it up for you .. actually make it .. someone had to grow the coffee beans, someone had to MOVE it from place to place for the various process to get it from raw form into coffee. You get your money's worth.

a Monthly sub should suffice for MMO game additions.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpockOn
Sure but someone has to serve it up for you .. actually make it .. someone had to grow the coffee beans, someone had to MOVE it from place to place for the various process to get it from raw form into coffee. You get your money's worth.

a Monthly sub should suffice for MMO game additions.
Would be nice if that was the case but i assume its either this or higher monthly subs and i would sooner have this and have a chance to earn points ingame then higher monthlies. Granted i am not very competitive so for the time being it won't affect me much as long as t hey crank out as much low/mid level stuff at the store as they do the elite stuff