Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Disable cooldown alert sound
02-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Is there anyway to disable the horrible clanking sound that emits every time you try to activate a skill currently in cooldown?

For a self-confessed button masher like me this renders the sound effects almost inaudible over the continuous racket.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce
Is there anyway to disable the horrible clanking sound that emits every time you try to activate a skill currently in cooldown?

For a self-confessed button masher like me this renders the sound effects almost inaudible over the continuous racket.
Yes, please. Keep this thread up. I love typing like cracy on battle.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-02-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthalas View Post
Yes, please. Keep this thread up. I love typing like cracy on battle.
Your wish is my command.

Anyone?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
bump! this needs answering because that annoying and completely unnecessary sound effect should at least be possible to toggle, or just replace with an empty sound file or something equivalent.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SesshoSeki
bump! this needs answering because that annoying and completely unnecessary sound effect should at least be possible to toggle, or just replace with an empty sound file or something equivalent.
I firmly agree. That sound bugged me from the second they turned it on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
turn down your UI volume control.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
turn down your UI volume control.
Which does not solve the problem at all, and only makes the rest of the interface silent...

Solving the problem by destroying everything else along with it is not a solution, it's making the problem bigger, albeit quieter...

We're not asking to make it less annoying, we're trying to figure out how to FIX it by either muting it out-right, or making it simply refer to a sound profile that contains nothing but silence, thereby achieving the desired result.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 40
# 8
07-31-2012, 03:54 AM
+1 from me, I want to mute it too without muting the rest of the ui effects

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 08-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 PM.