Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulfx View Post
Nice idea, but i don't see them implementing this. What would keep a Lt 1 from having fully trained maxed out skill level 9 people on his ship. it would unbalance everything and lead to major camping and exploitations.

Nice idea though.
A Lt1 wouldn't have the slots on their ship for the BO to do much of anything special. It wouldn't unbalance anything. How would this lead to any more camping and exploits than are already in-game?

I think this is a great idea, and honestly thought this was what the original BO implementation was going to be. You could train up officers that you weren't planning on using yourself, since you're a pimped out Science person (for example), and then you can put a few of your experienced crew members out there for others to benefit from.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulfx View Post
Nice idea, but i don't see them implementing this. What would keep a Lt 1 from having fully trained maxed out skill level 9 people on his ship. it would unbalance everything and lead to major camping and exploitations.

Nice idea though.

What AlphaMHC says, plus, im only Lt6 and 2 of my bridge officers have 9 pts in their space skills... so i broke the game? nope.

and anyway, most bridge officers, as stated above either need to be "trained" to the same level to swap, or they are going to cost energy, and unless its your mate giving you it for virtually free, most players will cost up their bridge officers to be too expensive for the lower level players.

finally, Cryptic could impose a minimum cost based on the number of skill points on the BO. Trading BO's is too important to not allow
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 05:00 AM
They could of course add part of the BOFF-skillcosts to the credit-cost.

so a BOFF with only High Yield I maxed out (which cost 400 BOFF-skillpoints) would auction for ... say 2000cr and 200 BOFF skillpoints.