Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
No it is set to UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). No one cares about Greenwich or Britain any more. Oh and they aren't the same (UTC is from atomic clock sources, GMT is from solar observation and less accurate).

And I assume you and most of the other posters do. I live in Australia (UTC +10 here on the east coast) and so converting from PST or UTC is about the same difficulty.

And my preference would be for just UTC. I have no idea why MMO companies seem to think their customers give a rats what local time is, especially given the time zone disparity in the US alone.
Rather amusingly, they have actually started quoting the time relative to and specifically mentioning GMT - so I guess people still do use it ROFL. Take a look at the log in screen right now. Sweet irony.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 05:53 AM
You do know that the launcher lists PST and GMT times on it, right?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
Rather amusingly, they have actually started quoting the time relative to and specifically mentioning GMT - so I guess people still do use it ROFL. Take a look at the log in screen right now. Sweet irony.
You do know what irony is right? It would be ironic if I started giving times in GMT.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by signofjustice View Post
You do know that the launcher lists PST and GMT times on it, right?
only as of this morning - the forum works! lol
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
You do know what irony is right? It would be ironic if I started giving times in GMT.
oh come on seriously? lol
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
'cause it is hard to look up what PST is relative to UTC (no one important uses GMT any more) amirite*?

In my Google homepage I have a world clocks app with the times of all MMO's I play.

* It is -8 UTC.
what kind of rubbish is that to say. Why should your time zone be only listed? Comments like that, that only fuel hatred of US players. Not helpful in anyway!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Quote:
What are you seriously trying to tell me it isn't ironic that you should spout off about how GMT is irrelevant and that no-one cares about Greewich and the UK in your infinitely child-like manner and THEN Cryptic goes and prominently displays the time relative to GMT on the game launch screen?

You are indeed a funny guy!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
Common courtesy isnt exactly rife with US developers is it? Regardless of your UTC - what time reference anywhere doesnt also quote in GMT? Mostly all do. I can only assume that you are an Aussies with your blind, comical and vaguely petty hatrid of all things British - while you all whine we sit back and grin and smile benevolently
There's nothing petty about it at all I assure you!

:p