Lt. Commander
Well, I guess mainly for you pacific timezone peeps...

What is the point of a midnight release if you are bringing the servers down 3 hours later?

I just think that is poor planning, I mean, not very good first impressions for the new guys.

What does everyone think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober
Well, I guess mainly for you pacific timezone peeps...

What is the point of a midnight release if you are bringing the servers down 3 hours later?

I just think that is poor planning, I mean, not very good first impressions for the new guys.

What does everyone think?
This is actually a 'normality' for mmo releases - not saying I agree with it ut at least this game isnt any worse than any others for this sort of thing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 04:29 AM
If it will be any thing like ****'s release you can expect weeks of 4 hour ques from too many people trying to play. Even WoW after all these years has incredible ques and terrible lag every expansion release. Now how do you feel about getting shut down with 3 hours under your belt while I'm still waiting for my code from Atari.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 04:31 AM
Yeah if maintenance stays at this time it would sux big time for EU as we are mostly 00-17 sleeping and or in school/work, add lunch and other stuff so we can actualy play from 19-24 and if half of it is maintenance then i want just cry.

Why we dont have maintenance after 24 PST, that would be more acceptable in EU as we will be learning/working anyway at that time, at least most of us.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 04:33 AM
As an American, I can only stare blankly at you wondering; Some one lives at a different time then I do?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 05:12 AM
Discussing down times is pointless. Somewhere somebody is getting screwed out of their "special gaming time" no matter what you do. Personally I play 50% of the time after 10PM when the work is done and family asleep and the rest of the time between 4am and 6am before going off to work. Doesnt matter a hill of beans to me if they shut down for maintenance at "peak" times like 5pm. Of course that hacks others off, so what can you do?

We play when we can, go back to our life when we cant. If we cant play often enough, we quit payiing. Pretty simple.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ull
As an American, I can only stare blankly at you wondering; Some one lives at a different time then I do?
I know, right?

It's freaky. Cryptic should have segregated servers for people living in the present and people living in the future and past. Call me old fashioned, but I don't like temporal mingling.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 05:31 AM
Well seeing how everything Cryptic does is based on Pacific time I would gather that they will do thier maintenance between 3am to 7am PST, I know imagine that a company based in the USA not doing thier maintenance according to EU times lol.