Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 06:09 AM
Yeah this was voted the worst mission in beta bar none. It used to be worse if you can believe

As folks have mentioned, set your settings to max engines (speed) and fly ABOVE the clouds just high enough to stay at 9.9 km from the targets. It is still tedious but doable.

I'm still debating where I am going to di this one though. After doing it a few times in beta, I swore I would never re-do this mission :p
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghartan
Yeah this was voted the worst mission in beta bar none.
Its not that bad. I rather enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 06:13 AM
I happened to enjoy this mission. It was a break from the norm. You have to manuever slowly, and I would suggest hitting it up with a buddy. This will help you cover ground faster. I also don't think it's unrealistc that a stellar phenomenon, such as the Briar Patch, is potentially more dangerous than the Klingons who are there.

The ocean is much more deadly than the shark..
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekriem View Post
He obviously means engines...
Sorry, I didn't think it was that obvious. Auxiliary attributes to turn-speed I hear, so it wasn't quite that obvious to me. And in fact, there isn't a lot that is obvious in this game when it comes to powers and skills.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcathdra View Post
Yeah, set your power settings to max engine. This will help some to get through it a bit faster. Dont even worry about shooting the metronic gas clouds unless there are enemies / disrupter towers close to it to help you destroy it.

I found that if you skirt the outer edge (with a good sensor enhancement - Defelctor dish etc) you can pick out what you are looking for and maneuver to the best location to engage.

And yeah, dont hover to close to those gas clouds.. They do a good amount of damage.
Now that's a good response/post. That's what I'm looking for. I vote this to be the "answer" to this thread.

Thank you, Xcathdra!

and you too Ghartan, I see you said the same thing pretty much. Thanks!

Now I have something to try out and I'll give this mission another go. Thanks all for the input!
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 06:25 AM
ones briar patch was really fun, did it in cb / ob with a friend and had a laugh when someones explodes :p
(in the past 1 phaser shot and a gas clowd explodes, killing everyting within 5 km, and they respawned, sometimes next to you)

so, we did the mission with the right portion of care and we had really fun with it, now this mission is nothing but boring, crusing within 10 km, and shot/torp it for a minute.

why the hell cryptic is nerving the few missions that was fun into dumb missions that have no challenge?

It's because of all the "whiners" out there, hope you enjoy beeing finished the game in less then 4 weeks, with no challenge / fun. What happend to the good old hostage ship? The only mission i needed 2 wingman to complete it? Oh man, this game should be limited to players with an IQ of atleast 50!