Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caine6621 View Post

You sound like that bank commercial (might only be in Canada) where the guy asks one girl if she wants a pony and gives her a plastic one.....then the asks the second girl if she wants one and gives her a real one.....the first girl says "you didn't say there was real ponies" and the banker says "you didn't ask".....
OMG I love that commercial, I just had to say. Freaking hilarious. The look in that poor little girl's eye is priceless...simply priceless. It says it all right there.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Ahhh the memories this was just like last sept. with Champions. The predictions of doom, the wistful hope that this will be corrected "soon" or "someday". I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment, being a lifer for both. Having gone through this before I knew what to expect. (Down servers, patches and what not) Those who are experiencing this for the fist time welcome to the cryptic universe. Hater's, blind fan boys a few well reasoned people trying in vein to make peace between the two, and me sitting at work watching the carnage smiling the whole time
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmcD
lol...i've been waiting to spend my points on my BOs because of this too. I have the walmart pre order and wonder if the 500 points will be able to be applied to my existing toons. Not that 500 is a lot or anything but...would be nice.
Cryptic points are account wide so you should be good there.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksol80 View Post
While I wouldn't say they have been down more than up, I do share the frustration. I have children and finding time to get lost on the computer can be difficult. I too am tired of hearing "this is how this works" posts. This game has crashed on me so many times, and that doesn't include server downtime. Its not like I'm using a old computer either:

i5 650-bumped to 3.7ghz
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
XFX RADEON HD 5770 1 GB
WD 1TB 7200rpm 32mb
WD 320GB 7200rpm 16mb
OCZ 4GB DDR3-1600

When its playing it plays beautifully. But crashes on away missions seems to be my hang up. Its not like I'm always in battle either. Hell it crashes on SB1 too. These are bugs that should have been caught and fixed. I have a lifetime sub too. Going from today...16 months is 486 days, 2 hrs a day downtime is 972 hrs. That equals 40.5 days of down time. That's over a month to downtime. If things continue this way.

Not sure if you just missed the posts in the support section. Or maybe you've tried it and don't mention it. But if you are still having crashing on away mission try turning off dynamic lighting.

The server was down a lot during the 4 day head start. But I thought they made a tremendous effort yesterday, it was only down once as far as I recall and was prefect the rest of the night.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksol80 View Post
While I wouldn't say they have been down more than up, I do share the frustration. I have children and finding time to get lost on the computer can be difficult. I too am tired of hearing "this is how this works" posts. This game has crashed on me so many times, and that doesn't include server downtime. Its not like I'm using a old computer either:

i5 650-bumped to 3.7ghz
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
XFX RADEON HD 5770 1 GB
WD 1TB 7200rpm 32mb
WD 320GB 7200rpm 16mb
OCZ 4GB DDR3-1600

When its playing it plays beautifully. But crashes on away missions seems to be my hang up. Its not like I'm always in battle either. Hell it crashes on SB1 too. These are bugs that should have been caught and fixed. I have a lifetime sub too. Going from today...16 months is 486 days, 2 hrs a day downtime is 972 hrs. That equals 40.5 days of down time. That's over a month to downtime. If things continue this way.
Okay, don't take offense, but you should post this in the PC & Technical Issues forum so you don't derail this one. I started a thread for you there and it just has a recommendation for you.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...37#post1870737
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill565 View Post
Cryptic points are account wide so you should be good there.
I may be wrong but I believe it is 500 SKILL POINTS in game...not cryptic points.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 07:15 AM
I expected problems and down time in headstart, to me it's just another form of beta, heavy stress tests, getting ready for the 2nd.. I am glad I was able to move through the newvbie area, I did get a "Head start" on those playing on the 2nd..
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmcD
I may be wrong but I believe it is 500 SKILL POINTS in game...not cryptic points.
Well never mind then
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgc01 View Post
I expected problems and down time in headstart, to me it's just another form of beta, heavy stress tests, getting ready for the 2nd.. I am glad I was able to move through the newvbie area, I did get a "Head start" on those playing on the 2nd..
Yep, agreed. I too got a "head start", but it was a punishing one to say the least. So would I have still bought the pre-order if I knew what was in store for me? I can say, possitively, no. But that's just me.

Make it a trinket, a little pet droid flying around by my head, my own pet Targ just for looks or maybe a unique bar i can place on my uniform that shows everyone else in the community that I too endured the punishing role of beta testing during head-start. A purple heart maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 08:03 AM
I tend not to be bothered too much by downtime. I just played some Supreme Commander getting ready for Supreme Commander 2! Wup. http://www.supremecommander.com/

The only gyp from the headstart is obviously the CE exclusives. Seem a bit pointless now in the middle of Tier 2. Lol. Oh well, at least I bought one of the cheap ones (Steam).

Good luck everyone!