Lt. Commander
# 1 Play.com
02-02-2010, 07:05 AM
A word to the wise, I preordered the game a month ago and have been wondering why it hasn't turned up.
I just phoned play.com and a nice man told me that preordering the game doesn't mean you will get it for launch even though it said it included the 'headstart' and that I would recieve the game at some stage in the future though he couldn't say when !
Needless to say I cancelled the order.
Many thanks, perhaps they should be called 'Don'tPlay.com'
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 07:15 AM
This is why Cryptic allow a certain period for you to receive your game and apply the retail key before asking for Subscription money. I think it was 7days but i beleive due to some setbacks from retailers it has increased.

Quite simply download the client and play with your headstart code until you receive the game, not hard.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 07:16 AM
I had this problem with Play.com once before, they don't guarantee that if you pre-order from them, you will get a copy. To remedy the issue, I cancelled my order, popped over to game, and bought it from them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Alas, I have no headstart code yet. but have fixed it by reordering from Game. I may have to wait a couple of days, but a few smokes and a bit more WoW will make the time fly by hopefully lol