Lt. Commander
# 81
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
When I read posts from Chat it's like lil fluffy clouds have appeared and gummie worms are finally living in harmony with Marshmellow Peeps....

*sigh*

Ooooh... Chaaaat... =oP
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantesboi
When I read posts from Chat it's like lil fluffy clouds have appeared and gummie worms are finally living in harmony with Marshmellow Peeps....

*sigh*

Ooooh... Chaaaat... =oP
Another one in the fan club. :p

So how many of you alleged celebs have gotten fan mails?
None? Chat has gotten several.
Lt. Commander
# 83
01-31-2010, 04:28 PM
I have..but they are all adressed to Chat.... lol....
Lt. Commander
# 84
01-31-2010, 04:34 PM
i can confirm i am patrick stewarts secret love child
altho with more hair.
Lt. Commander
# 85
01-31-2010, 04:57 PM
If you do some cursory research you will find:
- At least 2 cast members of the Stargate franchise have mentioned on their blogs that they were in beta and purchased the game
- 1 teenie boper musician has tweeted that he likes the game
- At least 5 "famous" members of the press have mentioned purchasing the game and/or preordering
- 2 well known movie/tv stars connected to the Star Trek franchise have mention getting preorders

You can find this and more...if you are stalkery...
Lt. Commander
# 86
01-31-2010, 04:57 PM
i'm famous!

anyone who is anyone knows me...
if you dont know me....guess which side of the fence your on...
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algus View Post
I'll bet you anything Wil Wheaton is playing. Though I doubt he's revealing himself to us anytime soon.
He might be. When asked about Beta on his Twitter account (@wilw), he said the following:

Quote:
Regarding Star Trek Online, I will borrow a phrase from Pee Wee Herman: I don't have to play it, Dottie. I lived it.
11:28 AM Jan 12th from web
When Scott Kurtz, author/artist of PVP Online (Twitter account: @pvponline), attempted to prod Wheaton into playing the Beta, he apparently declined, but wished the players well:

Quote:
Well, listen, guys: if you *do* play Star Trek Online, BE SURE TO TELL THEM LARGE MARGE SENT YA! BOOGA BOOGA HAHAHAHAHAHA!1
12:26 PM Jan 12th from web
A more recent follow-up to the above conversation occurred on 2 February 2010:

Quote:
@pvponline: Those guys who mess up STO for you by not caring about Trek canon? You should call them Canon Fodder and treat them accordingly.
about 16 hours ago from web

Apparently, Wil Wheaton isn't playing the game (yet; he may be waiting for it to come out in a store near him), but Scott Kurtz of PVP webcomics is (and if he is, Gabe & Tycho of Penny Arcade aren't far behind).
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I was semi famous on the internet for a while. Got over 250k views on a Youtube video that wound up on Perez Hilton's site and eBaums. Unfortunately, alot of the people who commented on it were major *******s... but at least I got some laughs!
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. My name is Ron Burgundy...

Stay classy, STO!
Lt. Commander
# 90
02-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix View Post
Depends on what they do. For most famous people, they may have money but not much time or a good location for long periods when they're working. For some famous people, this leads to finding something entertaining that they can do on short notice just about anywhere they are, such as when they're on the road or on location for a movie in the middle of nowhere, and it just so happens that MMOs are good for that.

That's why you have quite a few famous MMO players from quite a few different areas like movies, music, sports and TV like Robin Williams(used to play UO, not sure what he's playing now), Mila Kunis (WoW), Samuel L. Jackson(EvE), Vin Diesel(who is an all around super geek and D&D DM), Dave Chappelle (WoW), Curt Schilling (Phillies/Diamondbacks/Red Sox), Tom Hanks, Eric Bloom (Blue Oyster Cult), Monkey (KoRn), #4 (Slipknot), Ben Affleck, Cameron Diaz, Christopher Walken, etc., etc. which have all been confirmed to either currently play MMOs or play them sometime in recent past.
If this is accurate that Tom Hanks likes MMOs, then he may very well be playing this game. He's a big fan of Star Trek and was almost cast as Zefram Cochrane in First Contact.