Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny666 View Post
Any reason to take this over Beam Overload?

I can't see the point in hitting random targets, when I want to kill the one I'm chasing.
If you've been jammed and have a bunch of High Yield Plasma Torpedoes and Boarding Craft flying at you. Could save your life.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Actually
02-02-2010, 08:29 AM
On single targets, this thing is useless - however if your fighting against a swarm of fighters or mines it's useful.

If you have autofire on, and have something targeted.....useless.

G
Lt. Commander
# 23 I love Fire at Will
02-02-2010, 08:42 AM
As the Engineer/Crusier, I could not find a decent way to get and hold aggro with multi enemy encounters until someone suggested I try this.

Now, I fly in first, tgt the biggest, baddest enemy and attack, then fire at will to tag other enemies and as long as the others joining behind me assist me, I keep most aggo on me and my awsome shields while the others kill my target. When dead, I tgt a new enemy, others assist me and I fire at will when it refreshes to keep as many on me and leave the tac and sci ships free to focus on DPS or healing me instead of trying to figure how what enemy to attack or who needs the heals the most.

Solo it doesnt help much and either way it doesnt do much damage, but I'm not the damage dealer. I want my superior shilds to hold up while other teammates focus on killing. As long as everyone assists me and dont damange other enemies, fire at will will do enough damage to keep their aggro on me until we get around to killing them.....