Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrayel
I'll back this up and I'll just say this one thing and try to keep it short.

I read in a thread, posted to by a "Dev", that "WE" asked to have the logon queue implemented. I for one didn't ask for it. Many, and I mean MANY players screamed at you over it. I don't recall seeing the thread asking for it and it sure didn't contain the majority of the player base or it would have been a LOT more prevalent.

So, yes, keep a VERY level head and don't make snap decisions. Ensure what you do is balanced, which I'm sure you will do without even mentioning it. But, alas, the fear is there as other MMOs have not done this well.
There were several threads asking for a queue. There is DEFINITELY a need for a queue. Queues to get into the game are GOOD. They are, in fact, much better than a lottery clicking Connect over and over again at the log in screen, hoping to be let in. The problem is NOT the queue. The problem is the SIZE of the server. Please, people.

See the problem for what it is, please!

As far as QQ about PVP? Well, it depends. Data doesn't lie. If a X class/build consistently wins where Y class/build consistently loses, then there is a definite problem. The question is "how do you fix it?". The answer is buff Y, not nerf X.