Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrayel
You know that holds a lot of weight.

One other that has to be contributing if you multiply it by the numbers of players is that nasty feature of being yanked into a Deep Space Encounter with the enemies flying around Sector space. Wow, I hate that with a pation. I could honestly live with the game as-is if they'd just pull that one single feature out of this game. I want to have a choice if I want to do that or not! (deep breaths...)

Okay, not to digress into that, but I think it puts unnecessary load on the servers when people just exit them anyway because they didn't want to join it in the first place.

You can set your system up to not get pulled in... YOu have to set some options.. i forget what.. i think its under teaming
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Well see if it is any better tonight at 5:30 pm cst, when the servers usually crash and they have "Unscheduled" down time for a couple of hours. (funny that it seems to be the same time every day since head start started)
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Thank God i haven't had to deal with queuing but the disconnects were much less prevalent last night than the past weekend. There could be hope to still boldly go where no one has gone before.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 09:02 AM
It might have to do with the hour that you played, the day that you played in relation to the time that most people work (Mon-Fri 8-5) or it might have had to do with people canceling their order ... who knows. Games aren't decided by their launches, though. You have to determine if the game is worth keep by what you gain from the game in terms of game play and the ability to expand and have fun while doing that. If it's worth it to you then by all means keep paying. If not then I'd suggest you look at your alternatives.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh800 View Post
It might have to do with the hour that you played, the day that you played in relation to the time that most people work (Mon-Fri 8-5) or it might have had to do with people canceling their order ... who knows. Games aren't decided by their launches, though. You have to determine if the game is worth keep by what you gain from the game in terms of game play and the ability to expand and have fun while doing that. If it's worth it to you then by all means keep paying. If not then I'd suggest you look at your alternatives.
Holy crap! I'm not even a subscriber anymore and I'm a senior member! I feel so wanted! **blush**
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodkin
last night seemed fine, but today its nearly unplayable. Warping all over the palce and server disconnects all the time. not done a singe mission yet without having to relogin twice.

From the UK

Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or possible my ISP ? (demon internet)
Yeah i'm having issues too, i've had the game crash twice in a row on starbase 24 on the ground. It was a client crash, first time i've had one of those since OB. Thinking maybe the servers are loaded right up or there is something that's drawing a lot of resources from their equipment because i noticed that it was a little laggy in some areas of play.