Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-02-2010, 08:55 AM
As far as I know, Trill is a member of The United Federation Of Planets
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-02-2010, 09:01 AM
What? This is lame, damn it cryptic the hell is with screwing over klingons so much, and stuff "trills is federation, u pay cryptic points for fed kling" I paid a bunch extra for DDE, I want klingon trill!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
Wrong, the planet Trill is NOT a Federation world. Trills have, and do join the Federation, but the planet it iself is not a Federation world, meaning not all Trills are Federation by default.

Sorry but they are
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-02-2010, 09:13 AM
And see here is where inconsistency with Hard Canon and Soft Canon comes into play. I do not give a damn about what the books said.

In an episode of DS9, the one involving Joran, Sisko makes mention of Federation authority to one of the scientists, and she calmly reminds him that, "This is not a Federation world, you are our guest."

The book that includes the Trill joining the Federation is set in the early early 23rd century. McCoy is still alive at that point. Meaning the soft and hard canon are at odds, hard canon wins.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Nice NemoSD, thanks for reminding me of that episode

Agree, official lore and expanded universe can sometimes blend too much
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
And see here is where inconsistency with Hard Canon and Soft Canon comes into play. I do not give a damn about what the books said.

In an episode of DS9, the one involving Joran, Sisko makes mention of Federation authority to one of the scientists, and she calmly reminds him that, "This is not a Federation world, you are our guest."

The book that includes the Trill joining the Federation is set in the early early 23rd century. McCoy is still alive at that point. Meaning the soft and hard canon are at odds, hard canon wins.
I don't care about canon at all, if they can have fed klings I want kling trill .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockeryangel
I don't care about canon at all, if they can have fed klings I want kling trill .
His statement basically agrees with your desire. He's saying Trill is not a federation planet and therefore members of the Trill race would be expected to be on both sides of the conflict.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey gang,

I looked into this, and it looks like there were some tech issues which prevented this from being available today. We're working on a fix, and will have it out to you all soon.

Thanks for your patience,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey gang,

I looked into this, and it looks like there were some tech issues which prevented this from being available today. We're working on a fix, and will have it out to you all soon.

Thanks for your patience,

Stormshade
Awesome, so i couldnt play the character i wanted during pre-launch, but have made a feddie to level 4 and unlocked the Klingons.
But now, after launch i still cant play the character i want to because it doesnt work properly?

Jeez, i wish i could say what i want on this forum, but its not pretty.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brihtwulf616 View Post
I don't know why Jackalope said that, but there is no way a Joined Trill shouldbe available for the Klingon side of factions...

If they come up with something comparable, that is understandable. But a trill does not have any business being on the Klingon side, as a member race of the Federation.
Unless it was Dax
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:22 PM.