Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Hmm. Good catch. My TLDR summation remains the same, though.
Ensign
# 12 DAMAGE x DPS
01-14-2014, 01:32 PM
O que ? melhor ?
UM arma com + DAMAGE ou com + DPS ?
Exemplo:
193.8 Damage (258.3 DPS) ? melhor que 220.5 Damage (210.5 DPS) ?
Commander
# 13
01-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Lots of misinformation here...

1. How can anyone here say phasers are as good as disruptors? Essentially, the phaser disable proc is useless. Speaking from experience, my main uses phasers and if my weapons disable shields on an NPC they only stay down for half a second at best. In PvP this is pretty much the same as every build should have EPtX abilities.

2. To make a given phaser's disable last longer, you need to spec into subspace decompiler. This is an expensive skill which is better spent in other damage enhancing skills.

3. In terms of sheer dps and direct damage, disruptors are the single best pve weapon type followed by antiproton. This is because most NPCs (with the exception of Voth Dreadnoughts) have huge hull hp and virtually non existent shields. That damage resistance debuff offers flat additional damage.

4. The disruptor debuff proc helps out the entire team's dps, which is what makes STFs easier.

5. The phaser proc never stacks, and there's a 10 second cooldown on the next chance at a proc.

6. If you're making choices about weapon types based on aesthetics, or say that aesthetics are the only reason to pick a certain type, you have utterly failed to answer the OP's question in regards to what is best.

But yes, any given energy weapon at a given level will have the same dps base number regardless of proc.

Edit: Ah ha ha. I just noticed this was a necro'd post... lol. Well, I'll leave this up if anyone happens to read it.

Last edited by fatman592; 01-14-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Closed Thread