Lt. Commander
Yes I put it in caps.

I orderd the Digital delux from steam.

Got my key and tryed to activate it but its asking me to set up a subscription aswell :S

What happend to my 30 days free.

Cant we just have a not now option.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 10:02 AM
No man, you still need to setup a subscription -- it just doesn't bill you until the 30 days are done with.
Lt. Commander
# 3
Welcome to the world of MMOs. Every single premium MMO does this. It's been like this since 1997 when UO came out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Why are so many people reacting like this? As the above posted stated, this has been normal for a very long time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protie View Post
Why are so many people reacting like this? As the above posted stated, this has been normal for a very long time.
it's like a car accident even if you know what it will be like you still slow down to get a better look when you drive past.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 10:09 AM
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..... Oh wait that is a different game.

Anyway, some time ago financial "experts" and "analysts" all got together and said. "You know, it seems to me that if we give customers a "not now" option when it comes to subscriptions, generally speaking, this percentage will never subscribe. If we just require it from the get go, this percentage of lazy customers will never sign back in to cancel their subscription and we can just bill them at will." And the idea of "auto billing" was born.

Either way you need a sub to play. So sub up and get on with it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 10:12 AM
i feel the same way...didnt like the forced sub.. and i bought lifetime so it should never have went to the sub page. oh well..
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Yes. You put you card info and, if you don't like the game, simply cancel it before the last free day. After that, it will bill ya for the next 30 days of gameplay.

Seens not confortable for the newcomers, but relax. After years of playing MMOs, you get used to it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
And again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hi everyone,

Star Trek Online does require a subscription to play. Your purchase of the retail copy includes the software, and the first 30 days of gameplay time. We do require you to input your payment information at registration, but we will not charge you until your 30 days are up. If you decide to cancel your subscription at any time during those thirty days, you will not be charged.

Thank you,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grajin View Post
i feel the same way...didnt like the forced sub.. and i bought lifetime so it should never have went to the sub page. oh well..
Question is, what happens after 30 days? Does your account (whatever you put in) get billed automatically? Even though you have a lifetime subscription?