Lt. Commander
# 1 Enterprise
02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
So I am watching it for the first time and so far I am enjoying it. Its very different to the others but enjoyable.

Only thing I find though is that they seemed to decide after 7 of 9 that they must have a hot woman in tight clothes doing things which show off her assets. Nothing wrong with some eye candy but they seem to go out of their way to show it.

T'Pol spends a lot of the show in her tank top or in situations where they can show off her shilouette.....its kinda funny to watch it.

And now I am on the episode where they talk about the first contact - three vulcans who crash on earth in the 50's....christ...this is bad. Hoping season 2 gets better.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
I thought I wouldn't like the show, but fell in love with it over time.

The second season is way better than the first, but the first does introduce you to important species/races that will be huge in season 2.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Seasons 3 and 4 are like 20 times better.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 10:37 AM
All of the Xindi Arc is amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Good to know, like I said I am enjoying it just a few little things which seem out of place.

Thought the finale to season 1 was good, hoping season 2 picks up now.
Lt. Commander
# 6 some good; some not good
02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I enjoyed the first few episodes; that whole mucking with the timeline and time wars thing is all garbage in my opinion; I tivo all the episodes; and any that are about that; i just delete them as not worth watching ;tried a few; is just lame duck writing; there is so much that they could write good episodes on without having to rewrite history; so many threads left over from other series that this show could set up or pre empt; I could write a whole season easy. It takes a really good writer and a lot of serious planning to do a time sequence story really well and there is no need; what you really need is a good story that grips the audience; charactes that people care about; themes that get people intersted and twists and turns to keep those who like a good mystery interested with just enough combat for the action oriented folks.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 10:40 AM
The biggest problem with Enterprise was its low budget. When BSG re-imagining came on the scene with a far larger budget (and frankly better story lines), Enterprise didn't stand a chance. The wide eyed, bodly going where no man has gone before concept was no longer valid, post 9/11 and BSG's darker, more isolated concepted (one ship alone and being hunted) made for far more popular viewing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Stick with it, it does pick up

(just ignore the theme tune!!!)

My ST buddies came to the conclusion its what killed the show as the actual programs and script were getting better towards the end. I think there mad but they insist if the tune was changed to something with french horns it would have done much better
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Seasons 3 and 4 are great. They were getting better...but the failing UPN Network decided not to give it another season...and I suggest you skip the series finale...completely...It's crap...It was rushed, badly written, and actually badly acted.

Season 2 was an improvement over 1.

A lot of people just didn't want to give it time to develop after they got better writers/plots for 3 and 4.

When you get up to it...Enjoy the Mirror Universe ep. It's AWESOME.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Sounds like there is plenty to look forward to, glad to hear it.

Got them all and it is very nice to not have to wait to watch the next episode, think I went through season 1 in a week.

Between this and STO its like a trek overload....maybe I will go back and watch TNG through again