Captain
# 351
08-23-2014, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saekiith View Post
So... when do we get actual Fresh Information about Delta Rising and not just something rehashed that everyone having watched the show already knows?
How did you know that Benthans looked like that and see themselves like that?
Voyager never made clear that this is their appearence (we were left in the dark whether or not the guy Cryptic's Benthans are based on was actually a Benthan), and the entire "justice on the frontier" thing seems to be made up to give them background lore, too.
Captain
# 352
08-23-2014, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoping88 View Post
How did you know that Benthans looked like that and see themselves like that?
Voyager never made clear that this is their appearence (we were left in the dark whether or not the guy Cryptic's Benthans are based on was actually a Benthan), and the entire "justice on the frontier" thing seems to be made up to give them background lore, too.
So yeah, they just took one of those guys that could possibly have been a Benthan and made him definitely a Benthan in their game (so it is still unknown if he really was a Benthan)... And a one or two sentences about how they are (completely unjustified and grapped out of thin air) suddenly the Quadrant Police... great Info of serious importance!

Anyone could have guessed so much...
Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
Captain
# 353
08-23-2014, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saekiith View Post
So yeah, they just took one of those guys that could possibly have been a Benthan and made him definitely a Benthan in their game (so it is still unknown if he really was a Benthan)... And a one or two sentences about how they are (completely unjustified and grapped out of thin air) suddenly the Quadrant Police... great Info of serious importance!
I like lore blogs. Of course it's not much or terribly innovative, but it's something.
Lt. Commander
# 354
08-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Benthans and Hazari both sound great! Nice to have some species added that aren't part of any of the factions and have their own motives but aren't enemies. Sounds like there could be a really interesting episode with these two species being at odds coming up.
Captain
# 355
08-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoping88 View Post
I like lore blogs. Of course it's not much or terribly innovative, but it's something.
Don't get me wrong... I like them too but I also like to have at least a rough understanding of what is going to change or added especially a full explanation on how and if at all we the "Ship Upgrade System" is going to happen and I really don't like to have it in a post after release or just a day or two before...
Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
Commander
# 356
08-24-2014, 12:14 PM
The Benthans and Hazari... Interesting choices. I'm really curious about what Cryptic's going to do with these guys.
Legacy of Romulus is the best expansion ever, and players loved it - they still do, in fact. Want to know why? Simple.

The core of LoR was content. Not grind, not timegates, not artificially-inflated metrics. Content. Storyline missions. Ships. Planets. Adventure. Exploration. The essence of ST.
Career Officer
# 357
08-25-2014, 03:16 PM
If there are playable Ocampans, do they auto-delete after 9 years?
Rihannsu
# 358
08-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cralkkent View Post
Nope, vitamins.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 359
08-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cralkkent View Post
After 40 years, remember it takes 4 and a half years to go one year in game.
Community Manager
# 360
08-29-2014, 12:01 PM
We've recently unlocked and decoded a Commander Level transmission from Starfleet! The latest message comes from Galera, outlining our recent intelligence reports on the Cooperative and Octanti!

Check it out in our index here!

~LaughingTrendy

Morrigan "LaughingTrendy" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @LaughingTrendy
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.

Last edited by pwlaughingtrendy; 08-29-2014 at 12:03 PM.