Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 12:01 PM
agree that even though the cost vs. reward is out of whack, that keeping them in for storyline purposes is good and a change of pace. that being said, not allowing your replicators to replicate the items is just silly.. Never saw Kirk say "You need provisions.... ummmm... hold on, let me go back to the Enterprise and che.... SCCCREEEEEEEECCCHH"
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Something I found interesting, is that they can take the supplies out of your bank account, so you do not have to keep them on your ship. So if you have extra room in there you can store them; that is what I am doing with all of my drops.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Having the deliver quests in my logs doesn't seme to hurt me in any way so working past them when inconvienient and then completing 3 in a row when the oppurtunity presents turns out to be a quick Skill point and explore point boost.

What I do with these missions when i get them is save them as an active quest and just go do another explore in the cluster to meet the "explore 3 systems" quota for the overall explore mission.

Eventually I will end up with 3 deliver goods missions, and next time I am near a trader or Starbase i get the goods for all 3, hail the commander for a new explore mission, go to the Exploration cluster and just quick continue and deliver 3 sets of good for an almost instant completion. You don't even have to move usually. Warp into the cluster and click one continue, deliver goods, warp out click continue deliver goods, warp out click continue, deliver goods. turn in the explore quest.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 03:14 PM
When I encounter one of those FedEx missions I just drop it and try my luck at another anomaly in the system.

Either substantially increase the reward for these relief missions to reflect the amount of work that has to go into it or adjust prices/drop rates on the provisions so they're easier to get, or eventually people will do the same as I do and skip these FedEx's.

Too bad since it's a rare non-combat mission and very much in keeping with the Starfleet canon: bringing help in the form of supplies to a beleaguered colony or planet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I had originally posted about this asking if it was working as intended.

Why go to the effort when you can just drop the quest and get an "easier" one. Did I miss something? has this been taken out?