Commander
# 21
07-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
This is a stupid idea that leads to nerfs, and also a waste of the little manpower the sto team has.

How the hell would it lead to nerfs? As per the OP it is functionally identical to what we have now, it's just less RSI inducing.

I switch out space for ground traits when I'm doing the Voth ground battlezone now, all this would do would mean I had two loadouts. Give the loadout switch a reasonable cooldown like the ship loadouts (otherwise you have to switch manually as per now) and it's sorted.

I don't think the loadouts need to be "dedicated" to space or ground in any way either - just two (or more in the C-Store) blank loadouts.
Career Officer
# 22
07-23-2014, 04:45 PM
+1 on the idea of trait loadouts.
Rihannsu
# 23
07-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Yes, 8 ground trait slot and 8 space. I have made thread before about this also: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1157431
It is very uncomfortable to click it all while switching between space and ground stuff. A lot of times I forget to switch them, ending up with space traits on ground and vice versa.

Also, Active Reputation tab has only 4 slots. We had 4 reps and it was ok. After they made new one so there is not enough space for ground and space skills. They have to separate them too.

Make it so. Plz.

In-game handle @Janetza

Last edited by taut0u; 07-24-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 24 I approve this message!
08-02-2014, 03:48 AM
My thought on the matter, which brought me to this post was that there could at least be a filter option on the traits, so you could filter ground or space, while you're slotting them. This would help with the speed of changing traits, a bit, without compromising the restrictions already in place.

I like the idea of a loadout type system, where you could save a set of traits, I'd imagine this to be similar to the existing loadout system, i.e. 2 slots available which would be fine for most, pve/pvp setup or ground/space setup, but with the ability to get more from the c-store.
CLR—Infected Space[1:24]— Dmg(DPS) —Bob The Romulan 6.7m(85.1k)

Click picture above for redirect to Official DPS Website.

Last edited by ukcaptain420; 08-02-2014 at 03:50 AM.
Captain
# 25
08-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcaptain420 View Post
My thought on the matter, which brought me to this post was that there could at least be a filter option on the traits, so you could filter ground or space, while you're slotting them. This would help with the speed of changing traits, a bit, without compromising the restrictions already in place.
And a "remove all active Personal Traits" button would be nice.
--------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========--------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR GEAR UPGRADE COST REFERENCE TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>Check out my redesign concept images<<
>Bob's Big Giant UI QoL Thread<
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Ughfffhhghguhhfg...
Captain
# 26
08-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by staq16 View Post
IMO, the "choose space or ground" model is fatally flawed and should not occur *anywhere* in the game - and I include BOff abilities in that. PVP has enough problems without adding that into the mix.
I have to agree with this: Forcing someone to outright reject an entire section of the game in order to play one is hardly good design.
Captain
# 27
08-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
I have to agree with this: Forcing someone to outright reject an entire section of the game in order to play one is hardly good design.
Maybe we'll finally get a split of space and ground skills again with X2 like it was before F2P.
--------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========--------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR GEAR UPGRADE COST REFERENCE TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>Check out my redesign concept images<<
>Bob's Big Giant UI QoL Thread<
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Ughfffhhghguhhfg...
Lieutenant
# 28
08-22-2014, 04:45 PM
I think the OPs suggestion would definitely improve gameplay, if only slightly, and I think it would be something good to add in Delta Rising
Rihannsu
# 29
08-23-2014, 05:43 AM
Oh, I am really sick of switching traits between space and ground...

In-game handle @Janetza
Ensign
# 30
08-24-2014, 04:42 AM
Agreed, some kind of "trait loadout" system would be very good, although at this point I'd be happy enough if traits were organized into ground/space sections. The current system is clumsy and goes against the whole concept of switching traits around for versatility and effectiveness.