Lt. Commander
# 1 Sportsmanship and Courtesy
02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
As Primarily a Klingon Player and I do have a Federation character as well, I have noticed a severe lack of sportmanship be it win or loose I always say good fight or GF. Now lately I have noticed alot of the federation simply just don't say it unless they win. maybe it is just the fact that I grew up being polite using manners and all that and the military helped ingrain the Courtesy into me even more but the fact is seems those two things are sorely lacking in PvP now days.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirethion View Post
As Primarily a Klingon Player and I do have a Federation character as well, I have noticed a severe lack of sportmanship be it win or loose I always say good fight or GF. Now lately I have noticed alot of the federation simply just don't say it unless they win. maybe it is just the fact that I grew up being polite using manners and all that and the military helped ingrain the Courtesy into me even more but the fact is seems those two things are sorely lacking in PvP now days.
I agree to common courtesy, but there is no rule in the game that says you should say GG after every battle. Although its nice.

However if either side wins 15/1, would you really call that a good game?

Also, I often seen Klingons act like douches just as much as feds in PvP games so please don't point the finger at us please.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 11:33 AM
You must be new to the internet.

Regardless, I only say "good fight" or "gg" if it was an exceptionally good match.

Saying "gf" when you win 15 to 0 (or 40 to 5) is generally seen as "rubbing it in" and plenty of people use it with exactly that intended meaning. Similarly, if my team gets totally crushed I don't say "gg" because, well, it wasn't. If I lose 40 to 38 or 15 to 14 or something then it's time for "gg".

A good gamer hates to lose. Show me someone who's good at losing gracefully and I'll show you someone who's been getting a little too much practice at it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

Regardless, I only say "good fight" or "gg" if it was an exceptionally good match.

Saying "gf" when you win 15 to 0 (or 40 to 5) is generally seen as "rubbing it in" and plenty of people use it with exactly that intended meaning. Similarly, if my team gets totally crushed I don't say "gg" because, well, it wasn't. If I lose 40 to 38 or 15 to 14 or something then it's time for "gg".

A good gamer hates to lose. Show me someone who's good at losing gracefully and I'll show you someone who's been getting a little too much practice at it.
No I am not new to the internet trust me there..And I love to win but understand there is always someone better
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I always say GG win or loose, and if someone beats me too teh top damage (quite rare) I congratulate them personaly...

It dosnt hurt and after all its jsut a game no need to rub it in their faces or sulk if you loose...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Sportsmanship has been lacking in MMO's tbh, but I doubt it'll always be around sadly.

Lol in SWG the Imperials on my server are mostly A-holes who just gank non-stop..after we (Rebels) realize that a certain fight is useless we stop and the Imperials try to provoke us to fight them LOL.

If my team epically fails, I just tell them, good try everyone, there is always next time remember

Or to the winning team, damn you just beat me I hate you so mich right now (joking of course)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Ahhh when i think back to the early days of gaming when we respected AFK's, avoided type killing
tend to give a GG when its been an ok fight - GF when its been a good fight. If we roll them i wait for them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 04:17 PM
The Klingon team I faced in PVP was a bit "lacking" in honor, after they won, they did dance emotes and gloated.
it WAS funny though, so I didn't personally mind. Seeing a Klingon do the running man and comment with "oh yeah! oh yeah!" made me completely forget I lost.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

I am with Slamz on this one. Out of the 15 matches I had today I think, only three were worthy of "gg".
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusTyrel View Post
I always say GG win or loose, and if someone beats me too teh top damage (quite rare) I congratulate them personaly...

It dosnt hurt and after all its jsut a game no need to rub it in their faces or sulk if you loose...
I agree, I appreciate any "enemy" that shows up and gives it a try.

Korthos