Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangh
I ordered through Best Buy and when I went to check the status of my order it says its Back-Ordered!
How is something that is Pre-Ordered, Back-Ordered?
I ordered it ahead of time therefore you should already know to make that copy available.
Thats like making a Reservation/Appointment and then still having to wait.
You can't back order a pre order, i think you're a troll
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 10:50 AM
they underestimated how many copies to print? didn't check how many preorders they actually had so stores only got x amount shipped to them when they needed y copies?

i suspect this is all on atari/cryptics side and not neccesarly best buys end of things. sucks i know
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi-Fire View Post
People seem to never learn that best buy is SO not the place to go for these sorts of things. I've seen so many people complain about best buy game launch after game launch. I'm just lucky I've never been a best buy fan I guess.
I seem to have had problems when picking shipping from companies. With Best Buy, I started pre-ordering as "in store pick-up" and haven't had an issue yet. Of course, there is one about 2 blocks from where I work, so it might be more convenient for me than others. But, I've seen complaints with Amazon, Steam, and GameStop in the forum as well.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 10:51 AM
No surprise really.

Annoying, yes, but not surprising
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi-Fire View Post
People seem to never learn that best buy is SO not the place to go for these sorts of things. I've seen so many people complain about best buy game launch after game launch. I'm just lucky I've never been a best buy fan I guess.

Yeah I should have known not to buy from Worst Buy, but GameStop sucks now and I didnt thing that ordering from Amazon would be any better.
Besides I kinda wanted the Targ for my Klingon (dont give a rats ass about the Tribble as those are a dime a dozen and you get them for free)

NO COPIES at the 6 local BB's so I cant even go to the store to get one.

The whole point, and why Im so upset, is that I PRE-ORDERED! Best Buy should have known to order that copy for me.
Thats what Pre-Order means.

And if Cryptic/Atari didnt make enough copies then they better get to burning some up real quick like.

All I know is that its someones fault that I dont have a copy and that someone isnt me.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castout85 View Post
You can't back order a pre order, i think you're a troll
Apparently Best Buy can.

No Im not trolling
---------------------------------------------------------
Order Confirmation
1/13/2010
Order Number: BBYXX-ZZZZZZZZZ
Dear XXXX:

Thank you for shopping at Best Buy. We have received your order, and it will be processed as soon as possible.

Qty
Product Description 1

Star Trek Online-Windows

Order Total: $54.04

----------------------------------------------------------
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Don't know, I just went to Best Buy on my lunch break and picked my copy up. Wasn't much of a problem, and there were copies left over.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Best Buy sucks so bad for pre-ordering its amazing. I've pre-ordered 2 games from them in the past. Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2. Both times I had to wait 20-30 minutes in the Customer Service line, as you cannot take the actual game up to the register and have your preorder money applied. Further they never have the game waiting at the CS counter, so I've had to wait another 15 minutes for them to find the damn thing. Its really, really horrible and I will never be preordering a game from Best Buy again.

The problem is, I absolutely despise Gamestop as well. They always either have contradictory information, or no information at all. Not to mention everyone I enter looks like some shady back alley store. But at least when I preorder there I know my game will be there and I won't have to wait 40 minutes to get it. Though I might have to listen to the clerk pander on about other preorder options for 10 minutes....

From now on its Amazon FTW!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 11:04 AM
This seems like a Best Buy issue more than Cryptic/Atari, unless they short shipped. We'll hear plenty about it if they did.

On the upside if that means the games is selling very well, thats good in the long run.

Sucks to be you, and I would be raging too if it happened to me. Just saying, good in the big picture/long run.

It is still for sale on Steam, so cancel your BB and hop over there. You lose your pre-order, but better than not playing IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 11:06 AM
lol... this is all Best buy's fault really, they OVERSOLD the pre-orders. Selling more than they got because they are like most companies and being greedy.