Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangh

NO COPIES at the 6 local BB's so I cant even go to the store to get one.
Ah, ignore my suggestion of going to talk to the manager of the store. I thought your other post meant that there were copies in the store, and that you were getting the shaft on the shipping option.

Although I would complain to Best Buy about it. Maybe look up their district office near you and complain to them? Maybe you'll get some sort of compensation. That, and save that e-mail and talk to Cryptic customer service about your timing issue.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardmedicine View Post
This seems like a Best Buy issue more than Cryptic/Atari, unless they short shipped. We'll hear plenty about it if they did.

On the upside if that means the games is selling very well, thats good in the long run.

Sucks to be you, and I would be raging too if it happened to me. Just saying, good in the big picture/long run.

It is still for sale on Steam, so cancel your BB and hop over there. You lose your pre-order, but better than not playing IMO.
Personally I would rather wait it out then order through steam.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
How many times do I have to say this? You want a VIDEO GAME buy from a video game store.

Best Buy is a big box store

Walmart is a grocery store.

Target is a retail store

Amazon is a online book store.

JUST BECAUSE THEY SELL VIDEO GAMES DOES NOT MAKE THEM A GAME STORE.

I chose Game stop

Game Stop = video games! oh wow!!

The math is not that hard
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Did you get your store pick-up confirmation yesterday? I used to work at BB a long time ago. The pre-orders they usually just hold for you by customer service. Oh and when did you order it?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 11:19 AM
If you actually preordered from WALMART, wow i feel sorry for you. They won't even put a game on the shelf until a week after its release, let ALONE honor any preorders, thats if they even do preorders. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 11:19 AM
No, you have 1 full week, not 2 days to enter retail key, 1 full week.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynoldsCK
No, you have 1 full week, not 2 days to enter retail key, 1 full week.
That still doesnt help much if the Back Order ETA is 2 weeks to a month
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SsP45 View Post
It's quite possible that Best Buy simply underestimated the demand for this game and didn't order enough copies of it. This isn't necessarily Cryptic's fault.

Do you have any GameStops in your area?

If not, there's always Steam or other digital delivery services.
If that is case what in hell is the point of preordering a game?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I pre-ordered from BestBuy the first week of December and never got an open beta key. I called them three times and was told it was on the way and would be in my email in 24 to 72 hours. Finally the fourth time I called they told me they were out of keys and I was out of luck. I didnt call the store, this was the corporate office.

I cancelled my order with them right before the OB and just ordered online from Atari and got everything I was supposed to. If BestBuy has not delivered your product yet, you have the right to cancel the order. Cancel and pick one up from Atari.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linfang View Post
How many times do I have to say this? You want a VIDEO GAME buy from a video game store.

Best Buy is a big box store

Walmart is a grocery store.

Target is a retail store

Amazon is a online book store.

JUST BECAUSE THEY SELL VIDEO GAMES DOES NOT MAKE THEM A GAME STORE.

I chose Game stop

Game Stop = video games! oh wow!!

The math is not that hard
Why does that make any difference?

Seriously - selling a boxed game is no different to a book or a dvd or even a car - you sell what you have.

Why do you think you need to go to a game store to buy computer games? What possible difference can it make. They are just as likely to be guilty of this sort of shady business practice as any other store.