Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusk19 View Post
My Feedback... DO NOT WANT!
Same as above, dont want Arc
Lieutenant
# 2072 NO ARC ?! Probly Not ...
08-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Hello,

Since I am back from not playin for awhile I noticed having to log into this ARC website to get STO-Forum information - I lost my forum account character rank since it was a member since 2007 now it says I just joined. I attempted to take this up with the illustrious forum moderator who decided it was in good taste to badger me whilst closing the archived thread when it was my thread to begin with - even thos it said archived it was a beginning duscussion on the Foundry; I see after the "Archive" in the poster info so I guess that was the problem.

But still to have to go to yet another website to get forum charcter information, subsrciption?, find latest posts which I dont know where it is and I cant make new threads or do anything since I was a member around here since the good ole Cryptic days.

Now there is a Cryptic OP here? I dont know what the linkage is I thought they were all but gone and work only in an advisory capacity?

Anyways I submitted a Ticket and now I am going into another rounds of fighting with customer support on yet again the same matter: ACCOUNT ISSUE.

Man if I was a subscriber and played casual - I was lookin at a Life time SUB here - WOW I dont think so; they are lucky I dished $100 in FTP just so I can have resources to buy a lvl 50 ship which we FTP players are forced to do; which in the long run isnt really that bad; yes STO here is DEFINITELY Pay To Win if someone cant see that just play FTP and do some PvP - I dont even bother cause it aint my style I dont care much for PvP but STO FTP is probly the best FTP game around for casual players, Roleplayers, and even Mission Creators.

We dont need more websites - we NEED:

1) Major Foundry Support - This is what STO is all about now in my opinion.
2) The forum looks nice but why did I lose my forum character? If Subscribers lost their forum characters I can really sympathize wow...
3) Do something more creative with this game - add a new game engine - look what Eve Online did they added a planet and trying to link stuff; they aint doin so good but they are trying.

A Lifetime SUB was $200 for LOTRO and well worth it - this is not a $300 Lifetime game especially with a C-Store.

BTW I stream live STO and other MMOs - I aint posting the link cause I dont want my post to go bye bye. I like to stream STO on occasion !

(EDIT: Holy Crap ?! This Arcgames client is a way to track peoples' gaming habits and is ONLY geared to track PWE games??? You are really kidding me right? There are a few other MMO Game Trackers out there and I dont use any of them unless I belong to a few great guilds which I dont yet; I forget the one that started it all and there arent too many that use it any more opting for another game tracker or 2 and I forget which ones those are as well. I like the ones that keep track of your ranks wihtin the games ... )

(Edit: I guess Capt Smirk can change things for me but I will be like everyone else and do like I always do: wait.)

Commander Hawkeyez

Last edited by cmdrhawkeyez; 08-25-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Edit: Addendum
Captain
# 2073
08-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Hey, remember that time they said that we'd get a server status indicator on the Arc website and then didn't deliver on that feature?
--------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========--------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR GEAR UPGRADE COST REFERENCE TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>Check out my redesign concept images<<
>Bob's Big Giant UI QoL Thread<
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Ughfffhhghguhhfg...
Super Moderator
# 2074
08-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrhawkeyez View Post
Hello,

Since I am back from not playin for awhile I noticed having to log into this ARC website to get STO-Forum information - I lost my forum account character rank since it was a member since 2007 now it says I just joined. I attempted to take this up with the illustrious forum moderator who decided it was in good taste to badger me whilst closing the archived thread when it was my thread to begin with - even thos it said archived it was a beginning duscussion on the Foundry; I see after the "Archive" in the poster info so I guess that was the problem.

But still to have to go to yet another website to get forum charcter information, subsrciption?, find latest posts which I dont know where it is and I cant make new threads or do anything since I was a member around here since the good ole Cryptic days.

Now there is a Cryptic OP here? I dont know what the linkage is I thought they were all but gone and work only in an advisory capacity?

Anyways I submitted a Ticket and now I am going into another rounds of fighting with customer support on yet again the same matter: ACCOUNT ISSUE.

Man if I was a subscriber and played casual - I was lookin at a Life time SUB here - WOW I dont think so; they are lucky I dished $100 in FTP just so I can have resources to buy a lvl 50 ship which we FTP players are forced to do; which in the long run isnt really that bad; yes STO here is DEFINITELY Pay To Win if someone cant see that just play FTP and do some PvP - I dont even bother cause it aint my style I dont care much for PvP but STO FTP is probly the best FTP game around for casual players, Roleplayers, and even Mission Creators.

We dont need more websites - we NEED:

1) Major Foundry Support - This is what STO is all about now in my opinion.
2) The forum looks nice but why did I lose my forum character? If Subscribers lost their forum characters I can really sympathize wow...
3) Do something more creative with this game - add a new game engine - look what Eve Online did they added a planet and trying to link stuff; they aint doin so good but they are trying.

A Lifetime SUB was $200 for LOTRO and well worth it - this is not a $300 Lifetime game especially with a C-Store.

BTW I stream live STO and other MMOs - I aint posting the link cause I dont want my post to go bye bye. I like to stream STO on occasion !

(EDIT: Holy Crap ?! This Arcgames client is a way to track peoples' gaming habits and is ONLY geared to track PWE games??? You are really kidding me right? There are a few other MMO Game Trackers out there and I dont use any of them unless I belong to a few great guilds which I dont yet; I forget the one that started it all and there arent too many that use it any more opting for another game tracker or 2 and I forget which ones those are as well. I like the ones that keep track of your ranks wihtin the games ... )

Commander Hawkeyez
The forum merger was 2 years ago and was documented before then. No one got their post count back, everyone started back at 0 so yes I guess if you just now come back it'd be a shocker.

Also, no replying to threads over 30 days old is not allowed nor has ever been allowed which is constituted as necro'd posting. So don't know why that's a shocker either. And btw, discussing moderation actions isn't allowed either. I'd really read up on those rules that have been around since the merger.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

Last edited by askray; 08-24-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Captain
# 2075
08-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
The forum merger was 2 years ago and was documented before then. No one got their post count back, everyone started back at 0 so yes I guess if you just now come back it'd be a shocker.

Also, no replying to threads over 30 days old is not allowed nor has ever been allowed which is constituted as necro'd posting. So don't know why that's a shocker either. And btw, discussing moderation actions isn't allowed either. I'd really read up on those rules that have been around since the merger.
In addition to this, it is mandatory to complain about the devs and their performance (not that kind of performance you perv) whenever you get the opportunity.

If anyone is foolish enough to praise the devs they will get so suspicious and waste at least a week looking for an exploit,

Why is that you ask? If not for an exploit for us to use/abuse, why would we praise them...

So in order to optimize developer efficiency it is only allowed to complain about the devs and their work.
Captain
# 2076
08-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Also, no replying to threads over 30 days old is not allowed nor has ever been allowed which is constituted as necro'd posting.
Personally, I am of the opinion that it should be 60 days. Has that ever been discussed in your private mod forum? I think it'd be an idea to kick around.
--------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========--------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR GEAR UPGRADE COST REFERENCE TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>Check out my redesign concept images<<
>Bob's Big Giant UI QoL Thread<
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Ughfffhhghguhhfg...
Lieutenant
Hello,

Trying to stay on topic...I suppose as far as the 'gametracker' goes - there may be some tight-nit people who only play PWE games so in the words of a famous Star Trek actor - "...now here comes Arcgames to save the day - it took Cryptic to build it in a year - now we can build it in 1 day " !

I am just kiddin here and bein a little sarcastic - I still dont understand and no one has explained why I have to sign into Arcgames to access my forum character; this is absurd - not only that it uses my same forum account - wierd.

I am thinking here that this is an 'option' to use, and not a requirement? I hope not to have to have an Arcgames client to start off my STO client; they are already tracking my game useage playing this game what more do they want - to shuv advertising into the game to the free-to-players I have seen that crap too in games.

(PS I edited my post upstairs)

Cmdr Zeta
Super Moderator
# 2078
08-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Personally, I am of the opinion that it should be 60 days. Has that ever been discussed in your private mod forum? I think it'd be an idea to kick around.
Yes. (Sorry but really can't discuss more beyond that lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrhawkeyez View Post
Hello,

Trying to stay on topic...I suppose as far as the 'gametracker' goes - there may be some tight-nit people who only play PWE games so in the words of a famous Star Trek actor - "...now here comes Arcgames to save the day - it took Cryptic to build it in a year - now we can build it in 1 day " !

I am just kiddin here and bein a little sarcastic - I still dont understand and no one has explained why I have to sign into Arcgames to access my forum character; this is absurd - not only that it uses my same forum account - wierd.

I am thinking here that this is an 'option' to use, and not a requirement? I hope not to have to have an Arcgames client to start off my STO client; they are already tracking my game useage playing this game what more do they want - to shuv advertising into the game to the free-to-players I have seen that crap too in games.

(PS I edited my post upstairs)

Cmdr Zeta
Yes, using ARC or steam will become a requirement sooner or later.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2079
08-26-2014, 01:57 AM
Quote:

Could we get some consistency on the 30 day thing? I have certainly seen it said that it isn't as strict in dev started feedback threads. It may have even been in this one. I will look for it once I am on a PC rather than a phone.
Commander
I wish i could uninstall arcgames, as i don't play any of them except STO.
Is there a way to get rid of ARC?
Closed Thread