Lt. Commander
# 1 Feedback - TOS Mirror Uniforms
02-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Ok, I'm making this thread to give Cryptic 'feedback' on the Mirror Universe Uniforms. I will do my best to be constructive in hopes Cryptic will make some changes and additions. However, I am *not* pleased with this uniform set. The graphics designers needs to present their agonizers to their team leader! LOL

Here's what I believe needs improvement:

1) The lower part of the sash is clipped/bugged and cannot be seen unless the user selects "Loose - Mid Ankle" pants. (Apparently matching pants for TOS mirror uniforms were not made or not avail yet).

2) The boots for these uniforms are knee highs. As can be seen in the TOS Episode Mirror, Mirror. Watch as Kirk & Crew beam in at 02:24. (Apparently matching boots were not designed or not avail yet).

3) The shirt is nice but it is VERY plain. Terran Empire officers wear badge pins on their shirts. They also have a knife on one side and agonizer holster on the other. Take a look at the video posted above around the same 02:24 time. You will see these little details make mirror uniforms look badass. These tops look very plain, incomplete and rushed.

4) NO uniforms for females. (I'm sure this fix is coming soon but really - no excuse for this. There's a perfectly mirror adorned female NPC in an episode mission where you save an Orion slave girl defector. She looks perfect with her cutoff shirt, miniskirt, bracelets, the whole 9 yards).

I would like someone from the graphics team (perhaps Matt?) to comment on the plans to improve this uniform set drastically. As it stands, I'm very disappointed. Thanks in advance.

Folks, please chime in but keep your comments as constructive as you can.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 01:06 AM
As I've said elsewhere, the parts of the uniforms that are accessible seems to be the bug, not the absence of other parts.

I've seen the Mirror Universe "skirt" you mention too.

Cryptic said uniforms weren't supposed to be live until 10AM PST tomorrow. It would appear that bugs have caused some (but not all) to be available now in glitched/limited forms.

But the bug isn't that certain things are missing. And we know the TOS mirror uniform for women is complete because it can be seen in game. The bug is that PARTS of these uniforms became accessible to code holders when none of the parts should have unlocked.

My best guess is that the "lock out until 10AM" decision was made late and they rolled back the automated release for some (but not all) costume parts. Probably had a data entry grunt go through and push back the release time from GMT 12AM on the 2nd to 10AM PST and he missed out on a few, allowing a big chunk of them to slip through in weird forms. (Ie. you can do it at character creation but not at a costume change merchant. Or skirts got locked but not pants. Or bridge officers can't wear it -- although I think the Khan uniform is SUPPOSED to be Captain-only and that the BOff-wearable version without sleeve ridges is coming later).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
As I've said elsewhere, the parts of the uniforms that are accessible seems to be the bug, not the absence of other parts.

I've seen the Mirror Universe "skirt" you mention too.

Cryptic said uniforms weren't supposed to be live until 10AM PST tomorrow. It would appear that bugs have caused some (but not all) to be available now in glitched/limited forms.

But the bug isn't that certain things are missing. And we know the TOS mirror uniform for women is complete because it can be seen in game. The bug is that PARTS of these uniforms became accessible to code holders when none of the parts should have unlocked.

My best guess is that the "lock out until 10AM" decision was made late and they rolled back the automated release for some (but not all) costume parts. Probably had a data entry grunt go through and push back the release time from GMT 12AM on the 2nd to 10AM PST and he missed out on a few, allowing a big chunk of them to slip through in weird forms. (Ie. you can do it at character creation but not at a costume change merchant. Or skirts got locked but not pants. Or bridge officers can't wear it -- although I think the Khan uniform is SUPPOSED to be Captain-only and that the BOff-wearable version without sleeve ridges is coming later).
Thanks for the thoughts but female uniforms may or may not be done. In Closed Beta we could not create Klingon females because devs said their clothes were not made. Yet, we saw hundreds of nicely done female NPCs on Qo'nos. I just don't think there's any excuse if they are not done - they had since CO launch to work on this.

Also, if some of the clothing is locked out until 10 am that still does not explain why the mirror uniform top looks so plain. I'm willing to check again tomorrow at 10 am PST even though on the launcher it says we are now "officially live". I still remain very disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Just as I thought, had nothing to do with 10 am today. Mirror Uniform pieces need some work. Let's hear some news, devs. Thanks!