Captain
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,253
# 171
08-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
it has. their is no RSE government anymore. just the Tal Shiar, their situation is now more like the maquis. Also Okeg many that order BEFORE war with the KDF. The Republic is a completely new power, they rule from a new planet and with a different style of government. the only thing they share with the old RSE is tech and ships.

At miniium what should happen is this:

1: all fed ships that can cloak should have it integrated not console.

2: Defiant classes have battle cloak since the original had a rommie based cloak.

3: If phase cloak comes in it should be limited to a speciasl zen ship, Pegasus with was a variant of Oberth ment to test bed galaxy tech.

that's the minimum i like to see. maximum is all fed ships with standard cloak.
The RSE still has a government - only Sela was taken by the Iconians. Another war with the Klingons changes nothing, just like it didn't every other time Fed/KDF wars have happened, and even if the RSE was gone, the RR still counts as a Romulan state as far as the Treaty goes, and even more importantly, the Federation agrees to remain bound by said Treaty.

The fact is the Federation should not have any cloaking ships, no matter how much you whine. Roll a KDF or Rom if you want cloaks.

The fact is you have no actual argument, you are just repeating the same old incorrect points.
Vanilla PvP - Cheap. Fun. Balanced. Newbie/Casual friendly. PvP as it should be.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1223171

T'Rebek, Karina, Volana, Nalcari, K'Ahlayr.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 526
# 172
08-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldicephoenix View Post
Yeah about that I've got news for you. That timeline was negated
Hate to break it to you but it was not negated.. it was confirmed. Daniels never says the Sphere builders came do the spheres still being there.. in fact with the Xindi on Enterprise-J confirms the current time line. If the spheres built in Captain Archers time were still around then the Xindi would of been wiped out and couldn't of been in Star Fleet. So that battle in the future has to be from a different incursion so what Daniels says still hold true... So ya the Klingons will be in the future assimulated by the federation lol
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,799
# 173
08-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
It ain't always easy being the "good guys" in today's work-a-day-hussle futuristic sci-fi MMO-verse.

That's it for me tonight folks!

Have a great weekend and I will be back on Monday for more discussion and moding.

~CaptainSmirk
Although he did say that and we got the defiant afterwards I still loved all the defiant episodes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,799
# 174
08-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
The Defiant's original cloak also left a hanging plot point that I thought it was a shame that DS9 never followed up:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/T%27Rul
Well it does make one think since she played Seska and played many other characters that she would be a prime person for voice overs and such. Since her romulan character T'Rul was never killed off in canon(not counting the part in that book mentioned where dominion killed that romulan lol). Technically if she did some VO's she could do it with some new story line of the romulan republic. If you guys/Cryptic were to say wanting to flesh out the differences in cloak and get the defiant/galaxy x into a battle cloak as well as klingon battle cruisers/raptors it would make an interesting story
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,552
# 175
08-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelshando View Post
Hate to break it to you but it was not negated.. it was confirmed. Daniels never says the Sphere builders came do the spheres still being there.. in fact with the Xindi on Enterprise-J confirms the current time line. If the spheres built in Captain Archers time were still around then the Xindi would of been wiped out and couldn't of been in Star Fleet. So that battle in the future has to be from a different incursion so what Daniels says still hold true... So ya the Klingons will be in the future assimulated by the federation lol
Ok, pretending for the moment that you are 100% right...

To start with, the Battle of Procyon V didn't happen until the 2550's. So going on a rough number, we are looking at about 140 years (going on the in-game 'year' of 2410) before the Klingons join the Federation.

My point from saying that is...

Even if you are right and the Klingons DO join the Federation, it doesn't mean that it is gonna happen in the game, and none of that entire argument justifies giving the Feds more cloaks, period.

Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,681
# 176
08-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corelogik View Post
Umm,... Yeeaaah, let me know how that works out for you,... more like the Fed's will surrender to the empire.
the federation is more than capable of destroying itself without anyone else lifting a finger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 526
# 177
08-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Ok, pretending for the moment that you are 100% right...

To start with, the Battle of Procyon V didn't happen until the 2550's. So going on a rough number, we are looking at about 140 years (going on the in-game 'year' of 2410) before the Klingons join the Federation.

My point from saying that is...

Even if you are right and the Klingons DO join the Federation, it doesn't mean that it is gonna happen in the game, and none of that entire argument justifies giving the Feds more cloaks, period.
Well that assuming they just joined before that battle they could of been in the Federation for 120 years prior or more. But think of this way in game terms for Cryptic.

If they merge all 3 powers.. under 1 faction it stops the factions whining. The stupidity that is the NO cloaks do to a pretty much wiped out Romulan empire. The whole point of that treaty was to makes peace between Romulan empire and the Federation.

For a Factions that's about peace and saving lives.. the Feds not having cloak is extreme stupidity. How many times could food and medical supplies been gotten through and civilians pulled out do to cloaked convoys. Cloaked ships scouting hostile factions to keep tabs on threats and being able to confront hostile factions if they try something.

In game terms if just 10% to 25% of the Federation fleet had cloaks it would make sense. It high time they got off the "Starfleet is for exploration" It's not.. not any more. It's the military of the Federation and has been and constant war for the last 50 years. By now any government would be looking at ways to combat ship loss's. Making at least part of the fleet specialized for combat operations.

Personally if they went ahead and made the Klingons join the Federation they would be the primary combat arm of the Federation.

Who knows maybe with this "unknown enemy" in the expansion that can start leaning to the one mega faction. After all they just had there high counsel wiped out. They made peace again with the Federation. This is now the 3rd war with the Federation with no gain and only loss's the "so called" exploration fleet has stalemated them each time they may no longer look at Feds as weak. While the Federation tried of constant war could offer the Klingons a way to be "warriors" under the federation by becoming the primary combat fleet for Star Fleet.

Over all the no cloaks in Star Fleet is stupid and from a old view of Star Fleet and needs to be written out.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,432
# 178
08-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelshando View Post
Well that assuming they just joined before that battle they could of been in the Federation for 120 years prior or more. But think of this way in game terms for Cryptic.

If they merge all 3 powers.. under 1 faction it stops the factions whining. The stupidity that is the NO cloaks do to a pretty much wiped out Romulan empire. The whole point of that treaty was to makes peace between Romulan empire and the Federation.

For a Factions that's about peace and saving lives.. the Feds not having cloak is extreme stupidity. How many times could food and medical supplies been gotten through and civilians pulled out do to cloaked convoys. Cloaked ships scouting hostile factions to keep tabs on threats and being able to confront hostile factions if they try something.

In game terms if just 10% to 25% of the Federation fleet had cloaks it would make sense. It high time they got off the "Starfleet is for exploration" It's not.. not any more. It's the military of the Federation and has been and constant war for the last 50 years. By now any government would be looking at ways to combat ship loss's. Making at least part of the fleet specialized for combat operations.

Personally if they went ahead and made the Klingons join the Federation they would be the primary combat arm of the Federation.

Who knows maybe with this "unknown enemy" in the expansion that can start leaning to the one mega faction. After all they just had there high counsel wiped out. They made peace again with the Federation. This is now the 3rd war with the Federation with no gain and only loss's the "so called" exploration fleet has stalemated them each time they may no longer look at Feds as weak. While the Federation tried of constant war could offer the Klingons a way to be "warriors" under the federation by becoming the primary combat fleet for Star Fleet.

Over all the no cloaks in Star Fleet is stupid and from a old view of Star Fleet and needs to be written out.
He may have been in the wrong at the time but the Pegasus captain had a point when he made the phase cloak. again the Treaty was there only to ensure peace between the federation and the RSE. The greatest proof of this is All good things. From what we know of the AGT timeline is not too dissimular from the STO timeline All of the okeg defender keep missing the fact that when he made that order there was no war with the KDF and there was still and RSE government. With war with the KDF and the RSE ceasing to be a power and with the Romulan Republic entering the stage the situation is clearly different then when he made that order. Heck the info on the cloak console conferims this. Face it the reason for feds not having cloaks is not there anymore.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,253
# 179
08-24-2014, 08:48 PM
None of that has any relevance at all - RSE still exists, and just another Fed/KDF war changes absolutely nothing.


AGT as a timeline does not exist, it was only one of many possible ones, and is no longer possible.


But as you are unable to read an opposing correct view, and keep ignoring the fact the Federation intends to stick to the Treaty, I CBFA to put up with you any more.
Vanilla PvP - Cheap. Fun. Balanced. Newbie/Casual friendly. PvP as it should be.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1223171

T'Rebek, Karina, Volana, Nalcari, K'Ahlayr.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 309
# 180
08-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelshando View Post
Hate to break it to you but it was not negated.. it was confirmed. Daniels never says the Sphere builders came do the spheres still being there.. in fact with the Xindi on Enterprise-J confirms the current time line. If the spheres built in Captain Archers time were still around then the Xindi would of been wiped out and couldn't of been in Star Fleet. So that battle in the future has to be from a different incursion so what Daniels says still hold true... So ya the Klingons will be in the future assimulated by the federation lol
*plugs ears*
I cant hear you! nananananana! :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 PM.