Career Officer
# 1 Enable a Tribble C-Store
08-24-2014, 03:25 AM
The idea behind Tribble is for everyone to test things right? Why then is the C-Store locked?
Captain
# 2
08-24-2014, 10:27 AM
As I just said in the the patchnotes thread, they will give you what they want tested if you visit Drozana station.
I send three purple diplomats on a simple gift exchange and they blow it...
I send three white bartenders on a three day wilderness training exercise and the crit it...
Republic Veteran
# 3
08-24-2014, 03:38 PM
If they unlocked everything, including the C-Store, and made access to it the same as Holodeck, why would anyone play on Holodeck and pay for things, when everything on Tribble (and Redshirt) is free?
Please ... Make it so ...!
Community Moderator
# 4
08-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
If they unlocked everything, including the C-Store, and made access to it the same as Holodeck, why would anyone play on Holodeck and pay for things, when everything on Tribble (and Redshirt) is free?
Because they do wipe Tribble every now and then
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 5
08-25-2014, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenriderzero1 View Post
As I just said in the the patchnotes thread, they will give you what they want tested if you visit Drozana station.
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

They will give me what they want tested if I go to Drozana?

Edit: Do you mean the vendor at Drozana changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Because they do wipe Tribble every now and then
Pretty much what ray has said here.

If I claim something in Tribble, after a month (or less) it's wiped, so I'd either need to reclaim it, or just move on, whereas if something is claimed in Holodeck, it's with me/you for life. I wish to claim the Vesta (on holodeck) but I'm not spending what would be 5000zen (on the pack) for a ship that I may not like; hence why I desire to try her out on Tribble first.

I don't think I've ever purchased an actual ship (at least, high end) from the C-Store just cause I don't agree with spending that sort of money on something that could be easily regretted. I'll buy fleet ships cause I know I'll play well with them, although the case can't be said for the Fleet Kamarag, but that's an exception.
Career Officer
# 6
08-25-2014, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
If I claim something in Tribble, after a month (or less) it's wiped, so I'd either need to reclaim it, or just move on, whereas if something is claimed in Holodeck, it's with me/you for life. I wish to claim the Vesta (on holodeck) but I'm not spending what would be 5000zen (on the pack) for a ship that I may not like; hence why I desire to try her out on Tribble first.

I don't think I've ever purchased an actual ship (at least, high end) from the C-Store just cause I don't agree with spending that sort of money on something that could be easily regretted. I'll buy fleet ships cause I know I'll play well with them, although the case can't be said for the Fleet Kamarag, but that's an exception.
TRIBBLE hasn't even been wiped since LoR. There's a chance it will get wiped but that's highly unlikely. TRIBBLE isn't supposed to be your ship testing area, it's for testing content like Seasons or in this case an Expansion. The last time we tested ships on Tribble they were only mostly Romulan - the Ar'kif/Ar'kala and the Romulan Daeinos.
Community Moderator
# 7
08-25-2014, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
TRIBBLE hasn't even been wiped since LoR. There's a chance it will get wiped but that's highly unlikely. TRIBBLE isn't supposed to be your ship testing area, it's for testing content like Seasons or in this case an Expansion. The last time we tested ships on Tribble they were only mostly Romulan - the Ar'kif/Ar'kala and the Romulan Daeinos.
Ship testing IS what tribble is for actually. Any type of testing is what it's for. When new stuff comes out, it hits tribble for the obvious reason of testing it. ALL of it. So yes, having access to the c-store to tinker with ships would be helpful.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-25-2014, 11:17 AM
Yes and no.

Tribble is for testing ships and other parts of the game before they are made public & put on Holodeck. It's for looking for bug & problems. What it is not for is testing ships out to see if you like them or not. Your testing things for Cryptic, not for yourself.

In fact if you use the stuff on Tribble as a sort of demo, like to see if you want to buy a ship. You aren't getting the full picture; most things put on Tribble are expected to change before going to Holodeck. So while a ship might be awesome to fly in on Tribble you could find that it isn't that cool on Holodeck.

peter
Lieutenant
# 9
08-25-2014, 11:21 AM
And I thought for a moment people were asking to buy tribbles for zen... in which case, I have plenty for sale... just come see me at ESD :-p

Admiral Siobhán Kane, Federation Ambassador to the Tribble Homeworld
All hands to Battle Stations! Arm all weapons, raise shields...
Connection Lost.
Career Officer
# 10
08-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfreeman View Post
Tribble is for testing ships and other parts of the game before they are made public & put on Holodeck. It's for looking for bug & problems. What it is not for is testing ships out to see if you like them or not. Your testing things for Cryptic, not for yourself.

In fact if you use the stuff on Tribble as a sort of demo, like to see if you want to buy a ship. You aren't getting the full picture; most things put on Tribble are expected to change before going to Holodeck. So while a ship might be awesome to fly in on Tribble you could find that it isn't that cool on Holodeck.
Whilst all true, I still think that we should be able to try before we buy, especially something as costly as a ship. It ain't too bad with costumes and such cause you literally buy what you see, with ships it's different; you've got the skins, their looks with various sets, their consoles, their boff seating and their customization options; all of which are taken into account.

I'm holding off on a purchase because of this, and I'd be curious to know if many other people were hesitant about buying for fear of wasting their money. I guess it's swings and roundabouts, on the one hand if people can try a ship before they buy it, then sales might reduce (because people will try something, decide they don't like it, then not buy), but equally I'd think you'd get people who aren't buying (see above) and would if they could try stuff out first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siotaylor View Post
And I thought for a moment people were asking to buy tribbles for zen... in which case, I have plenty for sale... just come see me at ESD :-p
Hah, well I'm sorry to say, but I've enough of them myself.