Career Officer
# 51
08-24-2014, 08:56 AM
good thing / bad thing im on night shift.
good thing if it comes back up anytime after 6pm tonight uk time I will still be able to get my shards (not much to do in work) bad thing if it dosent come up I will be bored senseless (not much to do in work) good job ive got innit.
having said that it looks like its up now.
Quote:
When I think about everything we've been through together, maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey, and if that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

Last edited by bobbydazlers; 08-24-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Ensign
# 52
08-24-2014, 09:40 AM
I got through the launcher after a few tries, but now it seems to be stuck in patching.
Republic Veteran
# 53
08-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Launcher either fails to update or launches and fails to connect tot he patch server.

Due to recent legitimate purchases on your account you have been placed on probation, because that makes good business sense, right? right?
Captain
# 54
08-24-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm presuming this is already being worked on, or at least analyzed, but I also am having these problems.
http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post
The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
Ensign
# 55
08-24-2014, 10:03 AM
It not the game it the arc that the problem again I bypass arc by going in my OS drive then go to your 86 bit programs folder look for Perfect World Entertainment file. Open it up should see Star Trek Online open that and find StarTrekOnline.exe and woot your in STO again.
Republic Veteran
# 56
08-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordknight12 View Post
It not the game it the arc that the problem again I bypass arc by going in my OS drive then go to your 86 bit programs folder look for Perfect World Entertainment file. Open it up should see Star Trek Online open that and find StarTrekOnline.exe and woot your in STO again.
I was launching my game through Steam and suffering from this issue, it is not ARC related.

Due to recent legitimate purchases on your account you have been placed on probation, because that makes good business sense, right? right?
Lieutenant
# 57
08-24-2014, 11:19 AM
It launched for me after a while, and then game ran without any issues. I did a mission and a couple of PvE's with on demand patches.
Captain Chan'Feilax - U.S.S. Tempest
Ensign
# 58
08-24-2014, 03:55 PM
This is the end people! I've just heard on CNN that California has sunk into the sea! The damn sea took out all our datacenters
Ensign
# 59 Got me too..
08-25-2014, 10:02 PM
STO worked just fine this AM , and came home from the day , sat down to play it gets to the patch screen ,sits for about 3 seconds and I get a crash report and then the game dumps out.
Nothing on my system has been changed and I updated everything restarted ..and still nadda .
All other aspects of the PC work just fine - I've checked for disk errors, ran antivirus, and in a fit of desperation for my STO fix , even checked to see if perhaps Windows needed an update ...and nope..I also tried resetting the router as well. I DFU.
I have seen this error commented on before - but the tech talk is over my head to follow to attempt a fix LOL . I've done a crash ticket but Lord knows how long that may take ...

Any suggestions or advice ?..
Ensign
# 60 fail..
08-26-2014, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
Launcher either fails to update or launches and fails to connect tot he patch server.

thats what is happening here ..very annoying - continual crash errors...