Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Commander
# 61
08-21-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm happy to say that I was wrong and cryptic actually did manage to unlock my KDF's jobs after less than a week. Thanks for that.

The delay is still there though... Intended or not, the system worked just fine without out since it was created. I'd love to be wrong again and see cryptic fix that ridiculous mess too.
Lt. Commander
# 62
08-21-2014, 10:36 AM
And assignments are still slow to complete after maintenance. I'm starting to think we won't see any more major changes to the doffing system until the expansion launches.
Captain
# 63
08-21-2014, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rankin0bass View Post
And assignments are still slow to complete after maintenance. I'm starting to think we won't see any more major changes to the doffing system until the expansion launches.
It has been said many times, the delay is intentional. As in, not a bug.

Annoying, yes. Bug, no.
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Where have they said this? Because there's no way this can be intentional. It deliberately makes the game worse for no conceivable reason.
Captain
# 65
08-22-2014, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Where have they said this? Because there's no way this can be intentional. It deliberately makes the game worse for no conceivable reason.
Said by someone who obviously has never written code. Order of operations can be very important, especially when the code has been modified over and over. It might be a 'temporary fix' to make something work until they can implement a better 'fix'.

I'm not saying it is a great solution. In fact, it is relatively annoying. But it isn't worth getting that worked up over. Sign in, check your mail, look at your fleet projects. Heck, go use the head if you have to. *Then* check your doff missions.
Lt. Commander
# 66
08-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Throw your condescension out the airlock and try again. I asked for a quote where someone with authority within Cryptic has said that this is intended. You have thus far refused to provide any evidence of your claim.
Commander
# 67
08-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Thought I would try some missions in beta ursa on my KDF chars, why is it taking about 5 minutes for obviously finished missions to finish.

Takes ages for each mission to register as completed once I log in.

I am going to quit doffing for good I think, shame because this was the main reason I kept playing.
Captain
# 68
08-25-2014, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Throw your condescension out the airlock and try again. I asked for a quote where someone with authority within Cryptic has said that this is intended. You have thus far refused to provide any evidence of your claim.
I'm not here to prove anything to anyone. If you don't care to believe me, that's your prerogative. I don't have that kind of time to waste.
Captain
# 69
08-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Well, here's the patch notes for this week:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post18708581

Worried about the slow doff/R&D completion not being a known issue.
Sorry, can you explain the issue in more detail? Is this the same as the negative completion times other people are seeing?

Quote:
I think it is likely that Thomas the Cat and the UI programmer have been put on "more important" projects for Delta Rising. Despite the poor state of the doff UI, they haven't made any significant changes to it in two weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 70
08-25-2014, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
Sorry, can you explain the issue in more detail? Is this the same as the negative completion times other people are seeing?
Talking about the 5+ second for missions to actually complete when you log in. Used to be you could log in and they'd all be in the completion tab already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
I think it is likely that Thomas the Cat and the UI programmer have been put on "more important" projects for Delta Rising. Despite the poor state of the doff UI, they haven't made any significant changes to it in two weeks.
Makes me wonder why they were in such a hurry to release it if they knew they wouldn't be able to provide much support for it before switching over to the expansion.